Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

ESPN absolutely blowing up Sammy Watkins this morning lol. Busy at work and I've still heard them talk about it three times already

Some on ESPN are still butt hurt that the Packers didn't draft a WR with one of their 1st round picks to 'get Rodgers some help'. Lol

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Some on ESPN are still butt hurt that the Packers didn't draft a WR with one of their 1st round picks to 'get Rodgers some help'. Lol

Should have traded Jaire for Deebo.

Then shipped both firsts and the second from the DA trade to move up and take a WR.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R T said:

They're talking like he's the answer and the replacement for Adams and this is his chance blah blah like he kind of said then other guys are like OMG no way etc. But they're kind of making him sound good from what the stuff I heard. 

Edit, more like will help replace Adams I should say

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

They're talking like he's the answer and the replacement for Adams and this is his chance blah blah like he kind of said then other guys are like OMG no way etc. But they're kind of making him sound good from what the stuff I heard. 

Okay....thanks. Ultimately, who gives a **** what the point/counterpoint folks have to say. It's the off season - there's nothing going on worth talking about - so they've got to drum up interest.

Me...I'm waiting till they start running around in earnest. Then we'll see how he's gonna fit our needs. All this "prior to" is nothing more than "prior to" conjecture and theorizing. Personally - I think Watkins can/will help and fit in to our schemed offense - plus - I think a good part of that scheme is how can they get Watson the ball - but time will tell.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Okay....thanks. Ultimately, who gives a **** what the point/counterpoint folks have to say. It's the off season - there's nothing going on worth talking about - so they've got to drum up interest.

Me...I'm waiting till they start running around in earnest. Then we'll see how he's gonna fit our needs. All this "prior to" is nothing more than "prior to" conjecture and theorizing. Personally - I think Watkins can/will help and fit in to our schemed offense - plus - I think a good part of that scheme is how can they get Watson the ball - but time will tell.

I just thought it was funny they hear Sammy said one thing about wanting to turn around his career and all the sudden it was news. But yeah like you said, slow time, just didn't expect that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Oh Jesus ******* Christ just when I was starting to be okay with him again

Personally, I think he plays better when he’s single. But if he’s on a mission to entertain the fan base you can’t beat a public dalliance with a Wiccan priestess.

Maybe they chat about the differences between pantheism and polytheism, memorable solstices they have known, and the difference between a coven 1 and a coven 2 defense. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Norm said:

They're talking like he's the answer and the replacement for Adams and this is his chance blah blah ...

I think this really is an ideal spot for Watkins.  He's not wrong that it's a pretty ideal fit for him.  Where else was he going to get as much opportunity as he'll get here?  If he can't get snaps or targets here, it won't be for lack of opportunity to earn them.  

• Like 1