Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers have given tryout to WR John Brown. Didn't he play at Harper's Ferry U? 

I know he had a couple bonafide solid seasons in Baltimore and Buffalo, but those seasons were sandwiched by a lot of injury and non-production. He's a smaller guy with great speed, if there's an injury or if several youngsters disappoint, he would be interesting to have in case of emergency.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   The Packers have been at this $16.8M cap number for 56 days.

Now that Christian Watson is signed this should drop down to $15.8M.

After cutdowns, practice squad, injured reserve the Packers will be +/- $10M (largely dependent on injuries) in cap space to start the season.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Packers are hearing Sammy Watkins had an offseason injury playing basketball and now are on the hunt for cheap vets ala John Brown...

OMG! How serious an injury? Can we cut him and get and put in on the NFI list to save money. 

36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How many people even know where Harper's Ferry is? That was a good one. 

My 8th grade field trip went there on a side mission when we went to D.C.  My buddy bought a slingshot at Harper’s Ferry and we used it to launch ice cubes out of our hotel window which was at least the 5th floor lol. 

• Like 1