Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think it's bad or anything like that. I just think it's hilarious. 

I dont think it's bad either - just that it's a "loser comparison" for DA - which he apparently cant express very clearly - so he should just drop it.

6 hours ago, R T said:

The locker room dynamic is important, but when a team is making the player the highest paid player at his position in league history I believe waiting until the end of the season isn't that big of a negative for the locker room. IMO

Didn't the Packers by then know Rodgers wasn't a happy camper? If so, they may have wanted to get the deal done with Rodgers' best pal on the team to try to help smooth things over*

*Unverifiable speculation 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I hope every single one of you finds someone who loves you the way that Davante Adams loves Derek Carr. 

Well Davante, why can't Derek Carr be a hall of famer?

Probably individual statistics, individual accolades, and team success are on the short list.  Also take into account that he has never been among the top 10 QBs, for even one season in his career.  He is only 40 TD passes ahead of Patrick Mahomes, despite playing in twice as many games.  

And he wears eyeliner.  

Zach Kruse -  Feels like both things are true:

Packers have a really strong roster - And -  Could easily see the Packers making a veteran depth addition at like 5-6 different positions.

• Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  This roster has a strong makeup of frontline starters, but the depth at multiple positions is paper thin. The Packers lost 6 starters in the offseason and replaced them with mainly rookies. If injuries run rampant, their young roster depth will be challenged to step up big time.

23 hours ago, R T said:

The issue with the timing of the contract is that they were going to make him the highest paid LT and did, if they are giving that contract out wait until the season is over. The reason for an in-season signing is to get a home team discount and there was none of that. His injury might have played into the handling of Adams deal last season; Adams wanted to be the highest paid WR in the NFL and the Packers were willing but only after the season was over.  

Adams took less money to play in Las Vegas so for Adams it wasn't all about the money.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You know Rodgers is seething. He knows Cobb don't have it anymore so he's going to have to make one of the rooks a star. 

Wasn't there a report somewhere that said Rodgers knew Adams wanted out of GB?  If Rodgers was as upset as you suggest why did AR come back this season?

15 hours ago, coachbuns said:

And I wouldn't doubt it one bit if Rodgers did exactly that.  He has that type of mental makeup that just loves to piss people off that don't believe/back him.  

Yep, he's completely shut up everybody who's expressed doubts about his playoff performances.

Wait

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yep, he's completely shut up everybody who's expressed doubts about his playoff performances.

Wait

I mean this narrative is way overblown on this forum and we've seen the stats that prove it. Rodgers did not play well against the Niners in 2021. I don't think anyone has argued otherwise. Beyond that, he's actually one of the best QBs statistically, in terms of playoff performances, in the last 20 years. Also has the highest passer rating of any QB in the NFL over that time (last time I checked). 

Remove Tom Brady from the equation and find me another QB who has been materially more consistent in the playoffs than Rodgers. Then, after you do that, find out if that team, within the last 10 seasons in the playoffs, has also given up two half-time hail mary touchdowns, had a punt blocked for a touchdown, given up 275 yards rushing to the opposing team (twice), given up a fake FG for a touchdown and botched an onside kick with 2 minutes remaining in the 4th and the lead. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean this narrative is way overblown on this forum and we've seen the stats that prove it. Rodgers did not play well against the Niners in 2021. I don't think anyone has argued otherwise. Beyond that, he's actually one of the best QBs statistically, in terms of playoff performances, in the last 20 years. Also has the highest passer rating of any QB in the NFL over that time (last time I checked). 

Remove Tom Brady from the equation and find me another QB who has been materially more consistent in the playoffs than Rodgers. Then, after you do that, find out if that team, within the last 10 seasons in the playoffs, has also given up two half-time hail mary touchdowns, had a punt blocked for a touchdown, given up 275 yards rushing to the opposing team (twice), given up a fake FG for a touchdown and botched an onside kick with 2 minutes remaining in the 4th and the lead. 

Nobody pads his stats in junk time quite like Rodgers in the playoffs. 

51 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Did you go Rip Van Winkle since January 22nd?

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody pads his stats in junk time quite like Rodgers in the playoffs. 

I wish he could play all playoffs games like he did in the super bowl.  Dude flat out cut it loose on several occasions.  For whatever reasons he plays somewhat tight more often than not.