Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Rodgers thing was never really about his decision to not get vaccinated.  It was the misleading statements about his vax status paired with ignoring the protocols for non-vaccinated players that set most people off.

This I can understand. I think he was trying to play a game with the media by saying "immunized" and it kind of backfired. As far as ignoring protocols I believe that was pretty common amongst locker rooms. Many of the players who didn't get the shot ignored or at least were very lax regarding the protocols.

Oh, I totally get that Rodgers was not the only player ignoring the protocols.  All I'm saying is that his "I'm immunized" comment along with his ignoring the protocols is what caused the uproar when it came out he wasn't vaccinated.  It was never about the actual decision to not get vaccinated.  The various interpretation of his actions are where things went off the rails.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I got that damn vaxx as soon as I could but no way can anyone still believe it stops the spreading at this point. All it does is mitigate symptoms and serious illness (which is a good thing obviously).

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It never did. 

32 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I'm not going down this road any further than this but the shot does not in any way stop the spread of the virus. It is literally about protecting the individual. It minimizes the symptoms it dies not limit the spread. 

Y'all need to go back to when the vax was introduced and read the many posters baying for blood from anybody who didn't vax. They absolutely believed it stopped the spread, mostly because the CDC was claiming it would. Many will never believe anything else. 

The mantra was, "you have to get the vax so you don't spread it and kill people!" 

I'm curious how history will write the final chapter on this vax and did it get rushed to market too soon or was it the right thing to do. 

Edited by Old Guy

44 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I'm not going down this road any further than this but the shot does not in any way stop the spread of the virus. It is literally about protecting the individual. It minimizes the symptoms it dies not limit the spread. 

It absolutely limits it lol. It's not a cure all but you are far more less likely to transmit the virus to someone else compared to an unvaxxed individual. This isn't even ******* debatable. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It absolutely limits it lol. It's not a cure all but you are far more less likely to transmit the virus to someone else compared to an unvaxxed individual. This isn't even ******* debatable. 

You ruined everything

• Like 1