Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I really wonder if Adams is going to be mad when the Raiders move on from Carr, or if the money makes it hard to be too mad.

They all want to win, nobody wants to lose, but let's face it, they all have briefcases and go to work just like you and I. He got what he wanted, and I'm sure he'll manage somehow. I got my first job near Chicago and got the hell out asap. Adams got paid a billion dollars to do the same.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Well, the narrative was "Adams wants to play with his buddy from college" and even Adams leaned into it, and if the Raiders end up drafting high enough to get Bryce Young or CJ Stroud they probably have to.

His family being in CA was also a big factor he brought up. He even mention issues getting his family here to watch games which I found kind of weird, but whatever. I'm sure he likes the weather much better as well. LIS, they aren't all that different than the average joe. Everyone wants to work where they want to work

7 hours ago, cannondale said:

His family being in CA was also a big factor he brought up. He even mention issues getting his family here to watch games which I found kind of weird, but whatever. I'm sure he likes the weather much better as well. LIS, they aren't all that different than the average joe. Everyone wants to work where they want to work

Just looked for Oakland to Green Bay flights online. Zero options today that take less than 12 hours and have less than two layovers. Even with price not being an issue the travel is a pain in the azz. You're either chartering a private jet or putting your folks on a two layover Frontier flight to get to your game. Neither of those seem like reasonable options. If you gave me free tickets and flights I probably wouldn't bother and I'm pretty sure I'm a bigger fan of Davante and the Packers than his mom. 🤣

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Just looked for Oakland to Green Bay flights online. Zero options today that take less than 12 hours and have less than two layovers. Even with price not being an issue the travel is a pain in the azz. You're either chartering a private jet or putting your folks on a two layover Frontier flight to get to your game. Neither of those seem like reasonable options. If you gave me free tickets and flights I probably wouldn't bother and I'm pretty sure I'm a bigger fan of Davante and the Packers than his mom. 🤣

From the Bay Area you can fly from SF, Oakland or likely San Jose was the closest airport. I don’t know where his mom lived but safe to say she didn’t stay in East Palo Alto after her son became a millionaire. Either way, in that tax bracket chartering flights is not that big of a deal.  It’s all good if he wanted to change his settings up, he had a wife and young kids and they might have wanted to move, as well.  GB is great but not a hotbed of activity, it’s not crazy that a young millionaire would prefer a different location but also not unusual that fans might resent a star player leaving. Right now it’s looking like he could have stayed a few more years with 12 and would have had a better looking couple years than he will with Carr but all of that remains to be seen. 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:51 PM, Old Guy said:

It will win games during the regular season but as the season goes on, we need to offense to become more potent. Rodgers needs to be told to start throwing to the rookies so they can learn, develop and become weapons come playoff time. 

Rookie WR's have become major contributors across the league for the last 5 years at a minimum. Time for Rodgers to get over himself and start throwing to them and live with the growing pains. 

I'd like to be 6'5'' too.  Some things just aren't going to happen.

If this offense is to become much better, we need to incorporate rookies AND make a move for a proven WR receiver.  

I'll throw this name out there, Chase Claypool.  They just drafted Pickens and Austin.  While paying Johnson.  And they are going nowhere this year.  This is the guy you could get for a 2nd or possibly less.  Sure he's a headcase, but he is very talented and would fit what we like to do.

Maybe OBJ heals up and could help.  Maybe Fuller.  Anyone else that is cheap and could be had this year?

On 9/24/2022 at 7:55 AM, incognito_man said:

Defense is very reliant on mindset. 

@Outpost31 has a legit point

Also, the face of your franchise affects mindset, so Rodgers has a role in this, too.

The only way I see this team being a real contender is for the defense to assume the "alpha" role on the team.  Not Rodgers.

Let him be a manager more often and bear less pressure than the defense.

Those young kids need to keep stepping up and flat out control games.  Because the offense right now is not built to do that.  Rodgers is amazing, there is no doubt about that.  But his "weapons" at TE and WR are very, very limited.

And...that all can happen.  Defense can get better.  Offense can improve enough to make us legitimate contenders.

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It throws me into fits of rage. Lol.

Like, **** this team, they’ve had Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams as their #1 receivers over the years so clearly they need to start drafting receivers in the first round because what they’re doing isn’t working.

I am always amazed aged at how well Rodgers has done throwing to those sorts of trash players

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'd like to be 6'5'' too.  Some things just aren't going to happen.

If this offense is to become much better, we need to incorporate rookies AND make a move for a proven WR receiver.  

I'll throw this name out there, Chase Claypool.  They just drafted Pickens and Austin.  While paying Johnson.  And they are going nowhere this year.  This is the guy you could get for a 2nd or possibly less.  Sure he's a headcase, but he is very talented and would fit what we like to do.

Maybe OBJ heals up and could help.  Maybe Fuller.  Anyone else that is cheap and could be had this year?

I'm 6'5" and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Constantly getting things for people off the top shelf in the grocery store. Then, when I ask them to get **** off the bottom shelf for me, they give me the stink eye.

Romeo Doubs, most targets and catches yesterday.