Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

56 minutes ago, Green19 said:

That’s because he is and will always view this thru a players eyes and mindset.

He doesn’t care about Jordan, until Jordan is new worth to care about. He cares about his buddy and he wanted GB to ride the team and future into the ground chasing a Super Bowl.

Its more than that, draft picks are players too. He doesnt like the failure rate while ignoring failure rate of FA. Hes an immediate satisfaction guy, its why he works as a daily sports talk show. Chase the shiny object.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:03 PM, Leader said:

I think thats the general thrust of the article - that they're spending / contract decisions will be changing. It will take a few years to clean the books up and get back to the way it was previously handled. Nixon's contract comes with 3 or 4 void years - but the $$ is very low.

Are they changing though ?

This year, we paid for everything on credit. All that dead money next year means next year we probably do the same. Pay for everything on credit to cover the 2023 cap kicking and same next year. The day we stop using voids is the day things are changing. We just signed a returner on credit card.

The truth is coaches are scared of a bad year.  Particularly if Rodgers does well.  

Just now, mikemike778 said:

Are they changing though ?

This year, we paid for everything on credit. All that dead money next year means next year we probably do the same. Pay for everything on credit to cover the 2023 cap kicking and same next year. The day we stop using voids is the day things are changing. We just signed a returner on credit card.

The truth is coaches are scared of a bad year.  Particularly if Rodgers does well. 

Yes - but Nixons a drop in the bucket monetarily. Not enough to get picked up on radar. 

I think the balance will swing back to "paying as we go" once we clear the dead cap / voids out of the system.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Will net us a 7th comp pick.

Did he sell himself short or was the market that soft for him? I hate that it appears the Bears got a steal. One full season removed from an ACL. I expect his athleticism to be back this year. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Will net us a 7th comp pick.

WOW! Colour me shocked at that deal!!! Packers must really not have liked him. That was dirt cheap. Cheaper than what we paid him last year after his ACL. I really thought his market would be a lot stronger than that based on his production.