Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Just for discussions sake are we gonna be in on AB? You gotta think Gute will put the feelers out a bit

My opinion changed today when he put it out there that he wants his contract to be re-structured to be guaranteed. The main benefit of trading for him is the cost vs production with no dead money. 

I think we might still be in, but I'm not going to look at it anymore 

Edit: I'd probably actually still be comfortable if we re-structured his contract and fully guaranteed his 2018 salary, but no more. You expect him to want an extension though with how he has been acting. I really hope a team doesn't cave... sets a bad precedent by rewarding this behavior.

On the other hand I hope Bell gets a nice juicy deal, just not from us

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Note: The Packers do not currently have any "Smith's"  on the roster.

They hired an LB coach named Mike Smith and several posters have mocked OLB's Za'Darius Smith or Preston Smith to the Packers. 
Perhaps they can remedy the Packers' current smithlessness

(Both the 1996 and the 2010 rosters listed a "Smith" per Pro Football Reference)

1975 season included Barry Smith, Barty Smith, and Perry Smith (yes I am old and remember too much Packer trivia)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I hope it happens for a semi-high pick just for Outpost's reaction.

The guy's spiking his chances via his Twitter feed. All the chatter about conflict with BB and such may in fact be a smoke screen. Heard an interesting opinion on TV earlier: He's got three years on this contract - but none of the money is guaranteed. He's 30+ years old and he just watched Dez go from starter to injured / unemployed with a cloudy future.

He's making a play for cash.....of the guaranteed variety.

• Like 1

I was just reading up on Chris Gizzi and his small part in the 9/11 aftermath. Why is the Packers-Redskins game given greater significance over all the other 13 NFL games that were played a day before? I've seen in various places this game incorrectly being credited as the first NFL game post 9/11. 

Is it because it was the only game with the national anthem and fly over ceremony?

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

I was just reading up on Chris Gizzi and his small part in the 9/11 aftermath. Why is the Packers-Redskins game given greater significance over all the other 13 NFL games that were played a day before? I've seen in various places this game incorrectly being credited as the first NFL game post 9/11. 

Is it because it was the only game with the national anthem and fly over ceremony?

It was Monday Night Football, so the first nationally televised primetime game after 9/11.