Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I hate to refute a dead guys last words, but if Lombardi paid him to make it and Lombardi said it stands for Greatness out loud on video, it stands for Greatness. I’m having a hard day at work, and I find this idea of it being “Green Bay” to be stupid, as that’s two words and can’t be symbolized in a single letter, much less when the first word is a color, even less when the first word is an adjective.

Flash Gordon, game warden, Michael Jordan—don’t matter dawg, stands for Greatness.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I like the rook, but we don’t have Lockett, Metcalf and Fant as established vets in front of him. A few years from now we’ll see how it shakes out but JSN has a smoothness to his game that means he could be special. I hope Reed proves to be more rugged and versatile.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

I like the rook, but we don’t have Lockett, Metcalf and Fant as established vets in front of him. A few years from now we’ll see how it shakes out but JSN has a smoothness to his game that means he could be special. I hope Reed proves to be more rugged and versatile.

I'm loving Reed minus a few drops, but worth noting JSN was also coming off a fracture in his wrist.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

I'm starting to wonder if they might trade Gary at the deadline:

Most likely - extend him during bye.

If he leaves the bye without an extension I'm really gonna have my trade senses tingling.

I see no scenario where we trade Rashan Gary. What a terrible message that would send to a young, developing team. 

If there is no extension during the bye it simply means the couldn't agree on value and Gary is betting on himself the rest of the year. He will be tagged if not extended by the end of the season. 

Would love to see an extension during the bye week though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I see no scenario where we trade Rashan Gary. What a terrible message that would send to a young, developing team. 

If there is no extension during the bye it simply means the couldn't agree on value and Gary is betting on himself the rest of the year. He will be tagged if not extended by the end of the season. 

Would love to see an extension during the bye week though. 

Yes, why would a team trade away its best pass rusher when these types of players are few and far between?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I'm starting to wonder if they might trade Gary at the deadline:

Most likely - extend him during bye.

If he leaves the bye without an extension I'm really gonna have my trade senses tingling.

I'm starting to wonder the same about Love. About equal likelihood of happening.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm starting to wonder the same about Love. About equal likelihood of happening.

love is under contract cheaply another year.  Different situation.

I've been consistently saying that Gary will be extended if and only if he shows a successful return to the field (which he has done with flying colors) while the rest of the board clamored for an offseason extension.

I think there's a slight possibility of a godfather offer from another team for Gary.  2x 1sts, and at that point it would be malpractice not to listen.

I hope they do trade Preston though.  That guy sucks but maybe he has some name value