Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Maybe just maybe MLF and Steno are struggling to really figure out what the hell this offense in all aspects can and can't do including figuring out the best personnel to play.

If that indeed is a fundamental issue, then the upper parts of the offensive coaching staff is lacking.  

The bye week should have been part of that assessment on what works/ doesn’t work and the 2 games since the bye have been brutal

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If that indeed is a fundamental issue, then the upper parts of the offensive coaching staff is lacking.  

The bye week should have been part of that assessment on what works/ doesn’t work and the 2 games since the bye have been brutal

Should have included in my post ... I do believe the upper parts of the offensive coaching staff is often times lacking.  MLF and his play calling, Steno was a much better line coach than offensive coordinator with Getsy and Hackett never adequately replaced.

25 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Should have included in my post ... I do believe the upper parts of the offensive coaching staff is often times lacking.  MLF and his play calling, Steno was a much better line coach than offensive coordinator with Getsy and Hackett never adequately replaced.

The frustrating part of MLF's offensive staff being raided is that unless I'm forgetting someone, they've all sucked after leaving GB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers should bring Morgan Burnett to the draft to announce the Packers 3rd round pick(s). Maybe their last really good 3rd round pick can break the jinx.

Something man, I can't even troll Gute about it because Rhyan and Kraft were value picks from where I had them graded. Didn't like Rodgers or Deguara at all, but I was also big on Jace and Oren. 

58 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

What is Walker doing with his hands on this play?

As near as I can tell(remember, rank amateur here), his mark was side-hopping away from Dillon and looked to have lost forward momentum. I think he was anticipating having maybe a few more fractions of a second of that guy in front of him and used his left arm as a kind of containing anchor, not unlike how an orthodox boxer uses the left jab. I wouldn't call it a move of a polished pro veteran, but I can imagine him having used that sort of thing back in College. In this case, he badly underestimated his mark's ability to recover- his shuffle after the side-hop is really dang good and gives him the footing needed to restart his momentum. From there Walker's arm hits the wrong shoulder pad and it's blissfully easy to knock said arm aside and streak around him.

Good stuff on Wyatt. Him and Walker have both had a solid 2nd year leap. Would like to see Wyatt put it more together as a finisher, but it would help if every time he gets pressure the defense didn't leave the outlet RB/WR uncovered for the QB to get rid of the ball before taking a sack. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good stuff on Wyatt. Him and Walker have both had a solid 2nd year leap. Would like to see Wyatt put it more together as a finisher, but it would help if every time he gets pressure the defense didn't leave the outlet RB/WR uncovered for the QB to get rid of the ball before taking a sack. 

That's great to hear. Hopefully he can build on this and show even more improvement come next year.