Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

55 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It's definitely possible to get the Packers to Brazil. Murphys lobbying for some kind of concession. Or maybe he just really doesn't want the squad to go down there.

I would guess he just doesn't want the team to have to travel all the way to Brazil when the alternative is a road game in Philadelphia.  It already sets you up for an odd schedule and a disadvantage in the week afterward.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

As an aside, I don't get why Appleton and GB Don't build a real airport halfway in between the two cities versus having what amount of two regional airports competing for significance, but that's neither here nor there

As someone who has flown their fair share, I will take a regional airport 90% of the time when given the opportunity. The experience is 100x more pleasant. There may only be 1 concourse and 2-5 gates. Sometimes you even have to walk across the tarmac but a lot of times you can see where you parked from the gate, security is much more pleasant. (Longest I’ve been in a TSA line at a regional is 20 minutes; at a major airport, been in a TSA line exceeding 3 hours probably 5-6 times including one time it was 6 hours in Tampa. Yes the airlines are usually more budget but a trade off I am willing to take as I just want to get from a to b.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheGreatZepp said:

As someone who has flown their fair share, I will take a regional airport 90% of the time when given the opportunity. The experience is 100x more pleasant. There may only be 1 concourse and 2-5 gates. Sometimes you even have to walk across the tarmac but a lot of times you can see where you parked from the gate, security is much more pleasant. (Longest I’ve been in a TSA line at a regional is 20 minutes; at a major airport, been in a TSA line exceeding 3 hours probably 5-6 times including one time it was 6 hours in Tampa. Yes the airlines are usually more budget but a trade off I am willing to take as I just want to get from a to b.

I get that but Austin Strabel is very hit or miss. Philly's airport is very underrated and as long as you respect the Birds you're fine. Plus, when they suck they'll cheer for us because they view our franchise as similar to that of their's for a variety of reasons. 

We should be happy to play in Brazil so long as we safely get there, play the game, and GTFO...Philly feels the same way I'm sure...

8 hours ago, persiandud said:

fellas who watch Packer tape, who was primarily our MIKE linebacker last season? guy i'm talking to says it was Quay? i thought he's been mostly our WILL? 

We really didn't have a "middle" the base D was a 2 DL, 2 edge, 2 off ball LB, 5 DB.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rodgers, Green, Adams (would've picked Lofton, but he wasnt a choice. Sharpe deserves consideration here as well), Finley.

Interesting options in the poll. Mostly I'd agreed with you, but I'd consider Jordy over Vante.

If it's just "guys I liked the most", it's be Love, Jones (Green honorable mention), Driver (but loved Vante and Nelson), and Franks. I didn't learn individual players too much until about 2002.

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rodgers, Green, Adams (would've picked Lofton, but he wasnt a choice. Sharpe deserves consideration here as well), Finley.

Agree that Lofton and Sharpe should probably be the top two, also Freeman should probably be in that next group. 

And of course, Don Hutson is the Babe Ruth of all WR's.  

• Like 1

Paul Coffman isn't going to get the love he deserves but it's him at TE by a LANDSLIDE. 

3x Pro Bowler. Most career receptions, yards, and TD by a Packer TE. Second place isn't even very close in any. Third and tied for fourth and fifth most receptions by a Packer TE in a season. First, third, and fourth most yards in a season by a Packer TE in a season. Tied for first and third most TDs by a Packer TE in a season.

Awesome dude too by the way. Did a ton of stuff with the MACC Fund back in the day. 

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Paul Coffman isn't going to get the love he deserves but it's him at TE by a LANDSLIDE.

Interesting take...and well supported 👍Who was his QB? Dickey right? Or was it Majik?

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Interesting options in the poll. Mostly I'd agreed with you, but I'd consider Jordy over Vante.

If it's just "guys I liked the most", it's be Love, Jones (Green honorable mention), Driver (but loved Vante and Nelson), and Franks. I didn't learn individual players too much until about 2002.

Wasnt a big fan of Franks. Decent TD stats...but underwhelming IMO on the passing attack side of things. I chose Finley because of the options listed I think he had the most potential - though unrealized. Also, I wasnt aware of Coffman's career stat levels.

Edited by Leader