Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hopefully he is fully healthy.  I will believe that when I see it though.

If he passed the physical, why not take a flyer on him? Skills were there, his physical body just physically let him down. He’ll be 29 this season but if they get a solid nickel/dime guy for the vet minimum…

• Like 1

Rob Demovsky -   Based on Packers president Mark Murphy’s comments this morning, it sounds like they’re preparing to open the season in Brazil against the Eagles.

Speaking before the annual Tailgate Tour departed, Murphy said: “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”

On 2/5/2024 at 7:08 PM, R T said:

Would not be surprising if the Packers are the Eagles opponent in Brazil. 

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky -   Based on Packers president Mark Murphy’s comments this morning, it sounds like they’re preparing to open the season in Brazil against the Eagles.

Speaking before the annual Tailgate Tour departed, Murphy said: “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”

Old news, this forum was on to this over two months ago. 😂 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Murphy's comment is current.

As is this:

Rob Demovsky -   The Packers expect an announcement any day now.

More Murphy: “Also, this is very important for the league. ... If we’re chosen, we’ll gladly go.”

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Murphy's comment is current.

As is this:

Rob Demovsky -   The Packers expect an announcement any day now.

More Murphy: “Also, this is very important for the league. ... If we’re chosen, we’ll gladly go.”

From a competitive advantage standpoint, I'm all about this. Playing a road game against the Eagles in Brazil (which frankly will probably be a better fan atmosphere for the Packers than at Lambeau field), versus playing in Philly is pretty significant. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

From a competitive advantage standpoint, I'm all about this. Playing a road game against the Eagles in Brazil (which frankly will probably be a better fan atmosphere for the Packers than at Lambeau field), versus playing in Philly is pretty significant. 

wait, Lambeau Field doesn't give us an advantage? i've heard about this....too many boomers making it into a library? 

37 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

We play like **** when we travel as far as California. We played like **** in London. And ppl want us to go to Brazil?  lol pass. 

The alternative is playing at Philly. The London game was a home game. That's like comparing apples to bricks. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, persiandud said:

wait, Lambeau Field doesn't give us an advantage? i've heard about this....too many boomers making it into a library? 

I think the boomers are getting a bad rep on that one.  It is the aptly named "Silent Generation" that still has tickets and won't make noise.