Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 3/29/2024 at 1:52 PM, vegas492 said:

your friend....does he like his laces in?  Or @Laces Out ?  😍

Say it louder for the kids in the back!

Besides though if we're being honest, one shouldn't judge after the holiday POTUS just declared yesterday, can be in or out now a days in a number of ways.

I want the 49ers game to be SNF Thanksgiving weekend.

Ideally the 49ers would enter the game with a record so poor that losing to us would eliminate them from contention - the perfect revenge for over a decade of playoff losses at the hands of the 49ers.

4 hours ago, Laces Out said:

Say it louder for the kids in the back!

Besides though if we're being honest, one shouldn't judge after the holiday POTUS just declared yesterday, can be in or out now a days in a number of ways.

There was no holiday declared yesterday.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Leader said:

When does Spring show up around there?

Green Bay Press-Gazette - Green Bay can expect 8-12 inches of snow, as winter storm warning issued for northeastern Wiscosnin.

Wisconsin has 4 seasons.

Almost winter.  Winter.  Still winter.  Road construction.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Wayne.....(he was a beast)

•  

I remember he would turn into an altered beast on MNF games. Was a great eraser out there in the middle for those early 90’s teams. RIP. 

42 minutes ago, craig said:

How does the $12M in performance-based pay factor in terms of salary cap?  

My understanding is it currently doesn't directly.   The performance pay is paid out of an established fund the NFL sets aside for this purpose.   This yr I think I read it was somewhere around $350-380mil in the pool?     However, while not having a direct impact on the salary cap it can boost the guaranteed pay in the 4th yr of rookie players that earned performance pay in previous seasons, which is why Slaton and Newton's salary figures have bumped to $3+ mil this year.  That's my condensed understanding from an article I quickly read recently

For Slaton it's a great benefit as the Packers aren't releasing him even at a $3mil salary #.   For Newton, his new $3mil salary, boosted artificially by this system, may cost him his job.   Interesting dynamic the league probably needs to tweak.

• Like 1