Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sinnott's a luxury pick, if the board stinks and you can't move around in the 3rd? Sure. If there's some quality OL/DB's still on the board am I taking Sinnott? No. 

Trust the Gute™

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sinnott's a luxury pick, if the board stinks and you can't move around in the 3rd? Sure. If there's some quality OL/DB's still on the board am I taking Sinnott? No. 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Trust the Gute™

Day 2 worked out great for the last TE/H-back for Gute out of Cincy.

I like Sinnott and I want him in GB. But Idk if TE ( or Hback) is the position we "trust" GB at given the past.

Let's hope they figured something out with Kraft/Musgrave going forward though.

Edited by Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, Chili said:

If LaFleur wants to run an offence similar to the way the 49ers runs theirs then the fullback is going to be an important  consideration for us. Deguara was drafted using a 3rd round pick because he had the traits and size required to take on this role. That's how important LaFleur valued this position and the Packers were willing to invest a 3rd round pick for it. Of course for whatever reason it didn't work out.

I guarantee they will be looking for a new fullback.

Maybe yes, maybe no.  But I'd not "guarantee" that they will use a draft pick on it.  maybe they will, maybe late round or maybe not.  Maybe UDFA.  Maybe Kraft, or Dillon, or Sims, or Davis will be asked to fill the role, to the extent MLF wants to call plays with that role occupied?  

1. MLF was hired 5 years ago.  After 5 years, I'm not sure he wants or needs the same things as he thought he wanted back then?
  2. DeGuara snaps have dropped from 33% (21) to 24% (22) to 18% last year.  MLF has been using him less and less as time goes by.  Perhaps that older vision is yesterday's news, and he's got better ideas now?  Could have even brought Deguara back for minimum if those sub-packages are a big deal to MLF.  
  3.   OL/QB/RB take up 7 spots, only 4 other guys per snap.  We've got lots of effective WR and two effective TE.  How often do you want to bench good WR/TE, like all three of Musgrave/Reed/Wicks, to get fullback on the field?  Will doing so make your offense more dangerous and harder to defend?  Maybe so.  But maybe MLF now figures I've got so many good WR/TE, and so many good plays in the playbook, that fullback plays just aren't going to be best-choice very often moving forward?  
  4. If he wants those sets, might not somebody else who's more talented and more versatile fill the role?  And perhaps provide more confusion to defenses?  Maybe MLF keeps calling some fullback plays; but might Kraft play the Deguara role, and be faster and stronger in it, and a better receive and YACster?  Maybe Dillon?  Could Davis or Sims next-man-up into the Deguara plays and perform just as well as he did?  
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Wonder how he feels about getting booted from RFKs ticket by Elon's FWB

Oh, you know he's got a "chip on his shoulder".  Probably going to run with someone else to prove that selection was wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Good.   I wish the league would forget about spreading this sport world -wide and concentrate on showing games to the American audiences that made the league what it is today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Hoping the Browns get the call.  I'd rather the Packers not have to travel that far, and I want to be able to see the game on TV .. will be at a music festival that weekend, and I'm hoping for a Sunday afternoon game.  The game is supposed ro be on peacock, so it's going to be a tough one to see while out of town.  Go Browns.