Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying the notion that kickers don't improve from their rookie year is ridiculous.

Well we won't have to speculate on that. He'll either improve or he won't. But we can't wait until Week 17 to decide that. Here's hoping he comes into camp and rocks it.

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Who is reaping the rewards for Daniel Carlson, Younghoe Koo, Cameron Dicker, Jake Elliott? The team that had them originally or the teams that were patient with them and developed them? 

it *could* go this way.

or it could go the other way.  The way of the bad kickers.

equal chance I'd say at this point

3 hours ago, persiandud said:

huh? he's still a really good player lol 

But he's not as good as he was a few years ago and he's at the age that it's only going to go downhill, likely fast, and sooner than later.

On a cheap 1-2 year deal, sure take a shot. On a longer, bigger deal? Hard pass.

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

But he's not as good as he was a few years ago and he's at the age that it's only going to go downhill, likely fast, and sooner than later.

His 3 consecutive all-pro seasons would seem to indicate otherwise.

Simmons is one year older than Woodson was when Woodson arrived in GB.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

His 3 consecutive all-pro seasons would seem to indicate otherwise.

Simmons is one year older than Woodson was when Woodson arrived in GB.

Woodson was a generational athlete. 

Simmons wasn't as good last year as he has been. He's going to fall sharp sooner than later.

12 hours ago, persiandud said:

i don't know how much justin simmons is asking for, but if we signed him he'd be pretty damn sick as our SS 

Gutey's comments this week made me think he wants to go very young at that other safety position. But you nver know.

52 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Woodson was a generational athlete. 

Simmons wasn't as good last year as he has been. He's going to fall sharp sooner than later.

I am not claiming Simmons is a comp to Woodson beyond that your age argument is way overblown.  Simmons has been 2nd team all-pro for three straight seasons.  I'll take my chances on him remaining effective for a couple more years.  If GB signed Simmons, it would likely be a 3-year deal, with an easy out after year two.