Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting take...and well supported 👍Who was his QB? Dickey right? Or was it Majik?

It was Dickey. 

In a God do I feel old moment....

I know this because Dickey was the quarterback until we got cable which was 85ish and Majik was the reason I grew a mullet which wasn't until 1990ish. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Paul Coffman isn't going to get the love he deserves but it's him at TE by a LANDSLIDE. 

3x Pro Bowler. Most career receptions, yards, and TD by a Packer TE. Second place isn't even very close in any. Third and tied for fourth and fifth most receptions by a Packer TE in a season. First, third, and fourth most yards in a season by a Packer TE in a season. Tied for first and third most TDs by a Packer TE in a season.

I can see someone justifying Finley due to upside but Coffman is hands down the most accomplished GB TE ever. 

I am just a smidge too young to remember if he was worth anything as a blocker.

Packers WRS though... If you're picking a starting three, Don Huston, James Lofton, Sterling Sharpe, or Davante Adams is getting left off.....or alternately, if you're putting 5 on an all-time roster, you've got those 4 and then choose one of Billy Howton,* Freeman, Driver, Jennings, Jordy (clear answer is Jordy IMO)

* Look up his numbers, also retired as NFL's all-time leader in yds and rec

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Paul Coffman isn't going to get the love he deserves but it's him at TE by a LANDSLIDE. 

3x Pro Bowler. Most career receptions, yards, and TD by a Packer TE. Second place isn't even very close in any. Third and tied for fourth and fifth most receptions by a Packer TE in a season. First, third, and fourth most yards in a season by a Packer TE in a season. Tied for first and third most TDs by a Packer TE in a season.

Awesome dude too by the way. Did a ton of stuff with the MACC Fund back in the day. 

Also, his son went to Mizzou and was drafted by the Falcons, I believe. 

I forget how incredible Ahman Green's 2003 season was. 2250 yards from scrimmage and 20TDs.

Probably gets overlooked because Lewis had 2066 rushing (#2 all time at the time), LT had 2370 yards from scrimmage (#2 all time at the time), and Priest Holmes had 27 rushing TDs (#1 all time at the time) that season.

What a crazy year for running backs!

• Like 2

I wasn't around for Taylor and Green eras but I would've picked Lacy over Jones and Grant. He was really really good at his peak. Physical, nimble, great vision, could catch. runs with power, can be used on any down and distance.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

It was Dickey. 

In a God do I feel old moment....

I know this because Dickey was the quarterback until we got cable which was 85ish and Majik was the reason I grew a mullet which wasn't until 1990ish. 

The guy could really chuck a football.

Rodgers- Best QB Talent(though not by as much as you think, especially compared to Favre)
Green- Best All-Around talent, Most Durable
Adams- Closest thing to Sterling Sharpe, Old Man Rodgers go-to-guy
Nelson- Ideal #2, Young Man Rodgers' most consistent go-to-guy
Finley- Best Athletic Upside, only one on list who could be considered a 'Weapon'(except for Bubba at the goal line)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I forget how incredible Ahman Green's 2003 season was. 2250 yards from scrimmage and 20TDs.

Probably gets overlooked because Lewis had 2066 rushing (#2 all time at the time), LT had 2370 yards from scrimmage (#2 all time at the time), and Priest Holmes had 27 rushing TDs (#1 all time at the time) that season.

Green was really good that year and that oline was special. They could really hustle out there on screens. 

Green was a legit home run threat any time he touched the ball and a true bell cow. 

It really is crazy how much productivity rbs had that yr thanks for those stats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chili said:

I wasn't around for Taylor and Green eras but I would've picked Lacy over Jones and Grant. He was really really good at his peak. Physical, nimble, great vision, could catch. runs with power, can be used on any down and distance.

Lacy never really lived up to his potential, whereas grant far exceeded his potential. 

This kind of skews how I see them. Lacy was a bit of a disapointment and grant was a gem. 

In reality prime lacy was probably better than prime grant... but its close. Grant sure knew how to move downhill and could put that foot in the ground to turn for the home run in that zbs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

What a wild change it’s been, that is the old RB is king fantasy days. I’m not sure what truly changed to have such a major shift in the league. 

13 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

What a wild change it’s been, that is the old RB is king fantasy days. I’m not sure what truly changed to have such a major shift in the league. 

Illegal contact enforcement changed as well as targeting hits to the head of receivers across the middle.

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

If you think that's incredible, you should see my junior season JV basketball numbers

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If you think that's incredible, you should see my junior season JV basketball numbers

I didn't even know you could make JV as a junior. I thought thought they made you quit sports by then if you sucked that bad. #AlwaysLearning

• Like 1