Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

41 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I didn't even know you could make JV as a junior. I thought thought they made you quit sports by then if you sucked that bad. #AlwaysLearning

Intramurals was the D league of high school sports

43 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I didn't even know you could make JV as a junior. I thought thought they made you quit sports by then if you sucked that bad. #AlwaysLearning

Probably depends on how big your school was.  We had seniors playing on JV.  My graduating class had like 220 kids.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably depends on how big your school was.  We had seniors playing on JV.  My graduating class had like 220 kids.

My class was the varsity team for high school basketball from the time they were Sophomores.  The class following was on JV as Juniors.  I think our class was around 260.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Paul Coffman isn't going to get the love he deserves but it's him at TE by a LANDSLIDE. 

3x Pro Bowler. Most career receptions, yards, and TD by a Packer TE. Second place isn't even very close in any. Third and tied for fourth and fifth most receptions by a Packer TE in a season. First, third, and fourth most yards in a season by a Packer TE in a season. Tied for first and third most TDs by a Packer TE in a season.

Awesome dude too by the way. Did a ton of stuff with the MACC Fund back in the day. 

Keith Jackson..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I can see someone justifying Finley due to upside but Coffman is hands down the most accomplished GB TE ever. 

I am just a smidge too young to remember if he was worth anything as a blocker.

Packers WRS though... If you're picking a starting three, Don Huston, James Lofton, Sterling Sharpe, or Davante Adams is getting left off.....or alternately, if you're putting 5 on an all-time roster, you've got those 4 and then choose one of Billy Howton,* Freeman, Driver, Jennings, Jordy (clear answer is Jordy IMO)

* Look up his numbers, also retired as NFL's all-time leader in yds and rec

Chmura was a better TE than Coffman, although a ****ty human. 

11 hours ago, Leader said:

Rodgers, Green, Adams (would've picked Lofton, but he wasnt a choice. Sharpe deserves consideration here as well), Finley.

If you are putting Coffman on the list, you have to put James Lofton on the list. 

So, the WRs, are James Lofton and Sterling Sharpe. If you go way back Don Hudson has to be on there. 

My others Aaron Rodgers, Dorsey Levens and Chmura. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Chmura was a better TE than Coffman, although a ****ty human. 

Does a stupid choice make you a ****ty human being. Not always. How many of us have done something very dumb (probably more than once)...........Ans = everybody, it's just a matter of degree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

So, the WRs, are James Lofton and Sterling Sharpe. If you go way back Don Hudson has to be on there. 

Lofton was very good but Davante is even better.  Sharpe and Adams. 

6 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Does a stupid choice make you a ****ty human being. Not always. How many of us have done something very dumb (probably more than once)...........Ans = everybody, it's just a matter of degree.

Ahhhhhh hello? Speak for yourself :)

Don't let Bukowskis(?) Choices limit your imagination.

QB- Starr 9-1 in playoffs

RB- Brockington shining star in the dark times.

TE- Coffman

WR- Lofton  HOF

WR- Sharpe  should be HOF

*never saw Hutson play (did he even have a route tree?)

Multiple SBs by the only QB who won Multiple SBs.

It is very difficult to compare talents from different era's.  

But Hutson was beyond special and it wasn't just the route tree.  Especially considering the beating receivers could legally take back then and that Hutson played both ways also excelling as a DB.  He dominated and couldn't be double covered.  Even triple covered with the first guy trying to take his head off.  Ran with no effort like the wind and caught anything close.  Nobody could run with him or break like him.  

It goes Hutson, Lofton, Sharpe and Adams for me.   Coffman #1 TE.  I guess the QB's as stated but with very limited with Love could go Dickey there.