Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Positives, it is a Friday night game, win or lose I'm going to have many beers 

I get your point in the prior post, but this is a net-positive for us. If it were our home game, complete opposite stance from me, but we just effectively turned our season into 9 home games, 7 road games and 1 neutral (shade towards home) game. If I'm an Eagles fan, I'm pissed we got the Packers versus a non-conference opponent like the Browns for this game.

Moreover it's Week 1, players aren't coming off of playing a game. It's Brazil, not London which is completely different in terms of your body adapting to time-zone, etc. It's also on a Friday and I presume we'll get a Week 2 Sunday/Monday game at home so it's not a full mini-bye but a few extra days there. 

Big challenge early for Jeff Hafley. Going against Hurts, Barkley, Brown, Smith, Goedert and a good OL in Week 1. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Game is on Peacock.  🙄

Got the VPN ready to roll.

It will be either on local channels or Peacock here in Milwaukee I assume.

I have every channel imaginable plus NFL ticket… would suck getting blanked Friday night..

Always sucked for those 9am London games, rushing to add ESPN+ or Peacock…..to watch the Jags.

Hate games on stream, miss having every game on DirecTV, being able to slowmo, pause and FWD or REV frame by frame to see penalties and calls etc..,

Edited by fattlipp

6 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Always sucked for those 9am London games, rushing to add ESPN+ or Peacock…..to watch the Jags.

Of course if you live in England, later games (7-7.30pm start local time) start at 1.30am our time, which means bedtime is about 5am.

It feels so weird to me that the capacity for Corinthians Arena is only 47,000 but Brazildoesnt have any stadiums over 55,00 that were built after 1980. We are surrounded by 70,000+ monoliths Soldier Field has the smallest capacity and is still 61,000

No surprise. Of the available options, selecting GB as Phiily's opponent in Brazil always seemed like an easy choice for the league.  Once it became known how popular the Packers are in Brazil, the choice seemed especially obvious. Should be a great atmosphere.

37 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

It will be either on local channels or Peacock here in Milwaukee I assume.

I have every channel imaginable plus NFL ticket… would suck getting blanked Friday night..

Hate games on stream, miss having every game on DirecTV, being able to slowmo, pause and FWD or REV frame by frame to see penalties and calls etc..,

I have gotten to the point where I only go out of my way to watch the Packers.  I don't care if it is a super important game, I am not watching it on ESPN, or Amazon, or whatever.  I will watch the Packers and whichever other games are on locally.  

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I get your point in the prior post, but this is a net-positive for us. If it were our home game, complete opposite stance from me, but we just effectively turned our season into 9 home games, 7 road games and 1 neutral (shade towards home) game. If I'm an Eagles fan, I'm pissed we got the Packers versus a non-conference opponent like the Browns for this game.

Moreover it's Week 1, players aren't coming off of playing a game. It's Brazil, not London which is completely different in terms of your body adapting to time-zone, etc. It's also on a Friday and I presume we'll get a Week 2 Sunday/Monday game at home so it's not a full mini-bye but a few extra days there. 

Big challenge early for Jeff Hafley. Going against Hurts, Barkley, Brown, Smith, Goedert and a good OL in Week 1. 

Stop stealing my thunder Zach. ;) 

• Like 4

Hey all, I'm hoping to get my dad and me tickets to a game in Lambeau this year for his 65th birthday.  Obviously waiting until the schedule comes out but it'll be our first one.  Any suggestions?

For time of year, I'm leaning towards later in the year for the full Lambeau effect, but maybe that's foolish?

For seating, not looking for nosebleeds, but probably can't afford anything too close.