Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd rather make a 2.5 hr flight than a 9hr flight please and thank you. There's nothing advantageous about grinding through camp and then having to get on a plane and play in Brazil, and having no bye the next week...

I'm surprised by this take, especially when there's very little time zone change and both teams have to travel the same distance. Couple that with playing in Brazil to practically a home crowd for GB versus wanting to play in Philly...that's a choice.

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm surprised by this take, especially when there's very little time zone change and both teams have to travel the same distance. Couple that with playing in Brazil to practically a home crowd for GB versus wanting to play in Philly...that's a choice.

It's not one game, it's the entire season. Look at how badly we fell apart post London in 22. I don't care about the Eagles game, no team has ever traveled internationally for week 1 before, there's a reason for it, it's a dumb idea that is happening because the NFL cares more about money than employees.

Give me a home game week 1 and a future road game in Philly EASILY over a week 1 game in Brazil.

• Like 5

As someone who’s lived some time in Brasil (Carioca de gema, Paulista não pode saber) I think it would be amazing.  I have friends that would definitely go and I guarantee the stadium would be rocking. If it is to kickoff the season, the travel time will be negated with the extra prep time. I’m hoping this will happen and am only upset that I wouldn’t be able get down there so early into the season. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Sept 6. New years baby. Also anniversary baby.

Happy birthday Dave! Your parents just banging it out on random days in august?

Probably.  It is their anniversary month.  Mom probably was like, "fine."