Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Howler said:

MVS was open in the middle, maybe 2 yards behind the sticks. It was an easy throw, granted Rodgers was locked onto Graham in the flat. But you really question what Rodgers is looking at these days. He's always had an aversion to throwing in the middle of the field, since he's seemingly obsessed with QBR. 

That's what I was seeing .. real hesitant to pull the trigger at times.  It's been going on for a couple seasons now.  

50 minutes ago, Howler said:

Yep .. I think this is where I saw the Graham/MVS play.  He clearly should be hitting Graham, but he passes it up.  MVS then comes wide open, but Rodgers either doesn't see him or find it too risky.   

29 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's what I was seeing .. real hesitant to pull the trigger at times.  It's been going on for a couple seasons now.  

2  for 12 on 3rd down last week. Maybe it wasn't exclusively McCarthy who was holding back the offense. 

Interesting comment I read BTW:

Look's like the same offense from last year, I guess Aaron won that battle. I was expecting to see some bunch formations to one side, motion by the wideouts, backs motioning out of the backfield. Aaron Jones just lined up at WR on one play fooling no one. The play action pass worked and then they never went back to it. I thought this was an offense that was going to give the defense a lot of eye candy and the only thing the WR's did was run straight down field. I hope this is a work in progress since Aaron didn't play in the exhibition games.

It really would be a disaster in the making if LaFleur succumbed to Rodgers and shelved all the innovation for the familiar. 

Edited by Howler

3 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I'd totally take Dez just for the entertainment value.  Not sure what all he has left in the tank, but as a fan who just kinda wants to see some crazy stuff happen I'm for it.

Unless he can really get in and out of breaks and such i think the only reason he would be any good is his name recognition and catch ability. He would possibly draw some coverage. A big caveat on his play though. In season moves rarely translate to stats though. I think we are better off rolling with that we have at least our guys have worked with AR all offseason.

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

Unless he can really get in and out of breaks and such i think the only reason he would be any good is his name recognition and catch ability. He would possibly draw some coverage. A big caveat on his play though. In season moves rarely translate to stats though. I think we are better off rolling with that we have at least our guys have worked with AR all offseason.

Oh I agree, I really doubt he would offer an upgrade, I just meant more in a "love of chaos" way.

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I sure was.  That was a misjudgement.  

And that's my point.  Anyone who says they preferred Jared Cook to Martellus Bennett is lying to themselves, or using hindsight to argue otherwise.  And even then, the production that Jared Cook had in his first year away from Green Bay was identical to that of Jimmy Graham's last year.