Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:07 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

ESPN's to do list looks like a mock draft on this site.  All that's missing is us trading up in the first for a guard and cutting Bulaga. 

Quenton Nelson is coming to Green Bay, I knew you would come around.  LOL!

Davon House did the Packers no favors in 2017... Couldn't rely on him in coverage, and couldn't rely on him to contribute in the run game/pursuit.

Davon House - 658 snaps Jake Ryan - 507 snaps Kyler Fackrell - 447 snaps

Not fast enough or skilled enough in their craft to compete in today's NFL, IMO. Not trying to be mean, but gotta be honest. A lot of snaps to replace.

Edited by Leader

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Davon House did the Packers no favors in 2017... Couldn't rely on him in coverage, and couldn't rely on him to contribute in the run game/pursuit.

Not fast enough or skilled enough in their craft to compete in today's NFL, IMO. Not trying to be mean, but gotta be honest. A lot of snaps to replace.

Why are we lumping Ryan with Fackrell.....he's not terrible.

43 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Why are we lumping Ryan with Fackrell.....he's not terrible.

I dont think the perspective is that any of the players are "terrible" - rather that none are playmaker / difference makers and as stated put stress on the remaining defense.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ugh.

Could not agree with this any more.

As evidenced by Jacksonville cutting him loose and the tepid market for his services, House should have been counted on as a stopgap #4 CB, nothing more last year. 

I am already on record that Ryan's snaps will decrease more than any other returning defender. 

And that Fackrell was counted on to play a lot of snaps at OLB in 2017 should be a reminder to every Packer fan that while Dom certainly earned his walking papers (long ago), the previous GM bears a lot of responsibility for the crappy D as well.

18 hours ago, Leader said:

I dont think the perspective is that any of the players are "terrible" - rather that none are playmaker / difference makers and as stated put stress on the remaining defense.

Fackrell, sure. House is pretty average like Ray said. I don't see Ryan putting stress on the rest of the defense, even if he's not a "playmaker." Fackrell sucks, I think we all know that. I thought it was weird he was grouped with Ryan. House with his injuries playing in fits

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

How many true #1 CBs are there?  I mean, someone you leave out on an island and not have any concerns about them.

House simply shouldn't be the guy you put on opponent's #1 week in and week out that's all. He can match up on some, but not most. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1