Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Regardless of Montgomery's talents, this limits any role he's projected for. He simply hasnt been able to stay healthy. Let's hope the forth year is the charm.....
"Montgomery has played in 29 of 48 possible games since his rookie season"

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Regardless of Montgomery's talents, this limits any role he's projected for. He simply hasnt been able to stay healthy. Let's hope the forth year is the charm.....
"Montgomery has played in 29 of 48 possible games since his rookie season"

Add to that there are several games he did play but left due to injury.  

He is probably more of a 15-20 snaps a pame type player.  Having said that, not even sure what his snap % was.

Just now, cannondale said:

I'm over Montgomery. He's in the last year of his deal. Teach our young guys to catch the ball and move on

I'm the same way on him honestly.  I don't remember a player who got injured more often than Montgomery.  Glad we have him for another year because he's an asset when he's healthy, but after that let him go to New England where he'll have 80 catches in the 4 games he's healthy so I can continue to point out how rarely Rodgers throws to running backs unless/until we're losing by multiple scores and we HAVE to. 

20 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm the same way on him honestly.  I don't remember a player who got injured more often than Montgomery.  Glad we have him for another year because he's an asset when he's healthy, but after that let him go to New England where he'll have 80 catches in the 4 games he's healthy so I can continue to point out how rarely Rodgers throws to running backs unless/until we're losing by multiple scores and we HAVE to. 

The last two posts I read were about guys going to NE and dominating lol

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

The last two posts I read were about guys going to NE and dominating lol

It really isn't true anymore, especially with defensive players, but it would absolutely be true with Montgomery.  He's literally a WR turned RB and the only time he gets thrown to is when we're losing by multiple scores.  It don't make no damn sense.  Same thing would happen to him with the Saints, but the Saints already have Kamara. 

I remember being convinced Montgomery was going to be a special player for us after like year 2. Then he got hurt a lot, we switched his position because we refused to find an actual RB, he gained a little weight and now he’s basically worthless.