Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Only online.  In real life I’m very quick on the uptake.

But really, my bad.  In my defense, there was someone who was serious about it.  I had you mistaken for that one.  My bad.

You were actually one of the ones who I thought would appreciate what I was doing there.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Watching the video I can lol at the mental gymnastics people would have to go through to try to give Rodgers 650 plus yards lost on drops.  Even the biggest stretches imaginable can’t get you there.  The biggest stretch imaginable and you’re still under 450 yards from that video.  

First drop: 29 yard line.  Throw hits Allison high at the 39 yard line.  A defender is literally touching him.  This isn’t 15 yards if it’s the best YAC receiver in the league.  I’ll be generous and call it 15 yards.  

Second drop: 31 yard line.  It’s an out to the 36 yard line.  Kumerow has no room to run since he’s right by the sideline and there’s a man right on him.  I’m going to be EXTREMELY generous and give this 10 yards.  

Third drop: 13 yard line.  13 yards, TD.  You literally cannot give him more than 13 yards.  Lol.  

Fourth drop: 44 yard line.  45 yard line.  Pass is high, defender right on him.  GENEROUS to say he gets to 35 yard line if a defender draped all over him whiffs.  Let’s be EXTREMELY GENEROUS and say 20 yards.  

39 yard line.  Along sidelines, defender right on Davante, pass hits Davante at 49 yard line at sidelines.  give him 4 more yards and it’s 15 yards.  

39 yard line again.  Pass hits at other 40 yard line.  Some might be calling this one a 70 yard TD, but there’s a safety who literally hits the receiver at the point the ball hits their hands.  Generous 30 yards even though receiver is literally hit at and falls down at about 20 yards.  

28 yard line.  Ball hits receiver at 36 yard line.  Receiver is hit at and falls down at 36 yard line.  8 yards, we will call it 16 yards.  Literally doubling what it would have been.  

44 yard line.  Davante has a little bit to run.  Tiny little bit, but a little bit.  Right at the 35 yard line.  Let’s say Davante breaks a tackle and brings it to the 10 yard line which is wildly unrealistic.  34 yards.  

45 yard line.  To the 40 yard line.  Receiver literally has to fall to the ground to make catch, so he’s literally on the ground with a defender within one yard to touch him.  Literally impossible to get more than 15 yards here unless the defender pulls a bonehead move and forgets to touch the receiver.  Let’s pretend he does.  There’s another defender at the 30 yard line.  let’s pretend that defender lets the receiver come to him.  10 more yards, we will call this 30 yards.  

15 yard line.  Pass thrown to 25 yard line.  Receiver drops to his butt to make the catch.  10 yards?  Nah, let’s double it because he could bounce back up and run 15 yards if the four defenders in the area all decide to not touch him.  20 yards.

25 yard line.  To the 35 yard line.  Two defenders in the area, but receiver is coming back for ball.  **** it, let’s say he makes them all miss.  75 yards, TD.  LOL.  Even though the defender wraps him up and tackles him before the ball hits the ground.  

10 yard line.  Literally cannot give anymore yards than 10 yards.  10 yards, TD.  

35 YARD LINE.  Ball is low at the 44 yard line.  Four defenders right by the receiver.  It would be generous to call this 10 yards.  Let’s give him 20 yards.  

30 yard line.  This one is the 70 yard TD.  

25 yard line.  32 yard line.  Tackled as making the catch.  Should be 7 yards, let’s double it and add one.  15 yards.  

45 yard line.  Legitimate drop for a TD.  45 yards, TD.  

35 YARD LINE.  Defender on receiver at point of catch at 30 yard line.  Let’s say 15 yards. 

Do it again.  Invoke Techmo Super Bowl moves/rules.  You'll find the yardage then!

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

If you watch it in reverse it looks both (1) like an illegal football play and (2) that Rodgers had two spectacular one-hand catches (OBJ-style)

This is like the Rodney King tape. If you play it in reverse they help him into his car and send him on his way. 

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I just randomly poked into a thread after a 2 week absence, what were the odds it'd be in the middle of a Rodgers sucks/No he doesn't debate?

Even odds, worst case.

It's only a Rodgers sucks debate if you have a victim complex. To the rest of us it was a making fun of bad twitter pundits conversation. 

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

it's definitely not 650 yards, but it's definitely more than the purported average of 200 yards.

I’m not sure I understand the big deal about 650 yards.  That’s only an average of 40 yards of dropped passes per game.  That can happen in four throws or one throw.  All this heartburn over the validity of a stupid tweet is hair-larious.

Edited by Sasquatch