Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

The Bulaga news is pretty big. Between Spriggs and having multiple 4s/5s/6s, I could see us letting him go. 

If they were planning on moving on from him, I figured they would have done it already.  Releasing him creates more cap space, and they're going to spend on who exactly?

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If they were planning on moving on from him, I figured they would have done it already.  Releasing him creates more cap space, and they're going to spend on who exactly?

Dez brah

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Dez and Breeland. The two pieces (along with our No. 1 overall pick) we are missing from having our Super Bowl roster. 

*That being said, I'd rather not cut Bulaga. I'd rather just get a deal done with ARod if possible which would give us all the cap we need to sign both of those guys. 

Edited by packfanfb

51 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They could throw more money at Rodgers, extend Dix, go for Dez. I mean they cut Sitton a week before the season. I mean they have a second round pick as a backup guard. Also, you don't get value from a player if he isn't ready for the year (Bulaga)

No charges will be filed after Green Bay Packers receiver Trevor Davis was arrested earlier this month for making a bomb joke at Los Angeles International Airport, a Los Angeles City Attorney spokesman said Thursday. 

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/04/26/packers-wr-trevor-davis-wont-face-charges-after-bomb-joke-arrest/554819002/

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Bulaga is a trade piece....should GB desire to use him in a trade up situation.  

Pick 14 and Bulaga could move you into the top 10.  Might have to add in a 4/5 round pick as well.

What GM is taking on Bulaga and that medical report?  I mean if Bulaga wasn't coming off another knee, then yah, I can see your point.  

Personally, I think if they can get comp in the range of a 4'th for him, I say move on.  Guy probably won't be healthy to start the season and the odds of him playing 16 games in a row is pretty low...let alone 19.

Bulaga will return from the IR after our bye week.  Just in time to be traded OR fill in for whoever has been injured.  He's under contract for a reasonable price for the next two seasons.  Might just get us a decent mid round pick in next years draft if things fall right.