Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

A possibility that I hadn't even considered. Good call.

Wish I could take full credit for it, but that was told to me by someone else.  Someone who is much closer to the situation than I am, or ever will be.  I never would have connected those dots.

In my mind, my thoughts, I think Tampa is the #1 destination.  Brady.  Cap space, no state income tax, weather.

Guessing we are #2 on the list.  Maybe tied with KC.  

He wants to win, and he wants to win the postseason.  Forget the money part, he can control the money with endorsements and things like that.  He craves the postseason.  We have to be on the list and near the top.

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Going to assume you're not living in Wisconsin and experiencing what we have for the past week. lol.

Not living there.....nor have I ever been there.....but have heard quite a bit about the weather :)

I've said it before....but it's gotta be a detriment (or certainly a factor to be considered) to our securing outside talent are these Polar Vortex attacks. 

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

From Waukesha to Green Bay in a Learjet? That would mean somebody is serious. 

That would be ridiculous, but if you have the kind of money these guys do, I guess it’s possible. Are the roads really that bad right now?

Anyway, I hope he’s there with the team, a snow storm locks down the area for a few days and we make him an offer he can’t refuse. 

Sure it’s a minimum cash offer, but how many streets would you like named after you, Mr. Watt?

If he can help us bring home a few Lombardis, they can call it Wattsconsin as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 1

PackersWire -  Cornerback is a premium position, and the Packers have treated it that way during the draft for a long time. The problem is not volume of swings. It’s the volume of misses. This team has to get better at either identifying cornerback talent through the draft process or developing the talent once its in Green Bay. Somewhere, there’s a breakdown happening in the process.

Randall was the 30th pick in 2015. Rollins was 62nd in 2015. King was 33rd in 2017. Jackson was 45th in 2018. That’s a lot of draft capital to see go to waste, especially at one position. The Packers really should have one of the deepest cornerback groups in football. Instead, they’ll have to use more draft capital – or precious salary cap dollars – in another attempt to fix the position over the next few months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Hearing on the vine Preston out JJ in

In a normal year that might make me intrigued, but Smith's contract was gonna be an easy way to cut cap. So it's not as easy as one takes the place of the other. Still gotta find $28 mill to cut

Edited by cannondale