Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, CWood21 said:

If it makes anyone feel better, Pittsburgh in a worse cap situation than the Packers.

And 2021 might be it for Big Ben. I don't think JJ wants to go to a team with an uncertain QB situation. He had enough of that in Houston before they drafted Deshaun Watson. 

Just now, Brat&Beer said:

And 2021 might be it for Big Ben. I don't think JJ wants to go to a team with an uncertain QB situation. He had enough of that in Houston before they drafted Deshaun Watson. 

I just can't envision that Watt isn't going to go to a team who has a legitimate shot at winning a championship.  I think Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and Buffalo are going to be atop his list.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I just can't envision that Watt isn't going to go to a team who has a legitimate shot at winning a championship.  I think Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and Buffalo are going to be atop his list.

He's not gonna want to go to BUF..........too cold  🙂

36 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Has Ben even said hes coming back for 2021? Hes got the look of a dude that needs to retire

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Buffalo is only $3M above the cap right now.  They would have to restructure some of their vets too to get JJ.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Next tier should be San Fran and Miami.  Darkhorse of KC.

San Fran and Miami are possibilities if Watson ends up in either place.  KC has the QB already.

Cap is going to be tough on most everyone, but I can see JJ following Watson to a certain degree.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Next tier should be San Fran and Miami.  Darkhorse of KC.

San Fran and Miami are possibilities if Watson ends up in either place.  KC has the QB already.

Cap is going to be tough on most everyone, but I can see JJ following Watson to a certain degree.

Texans are still balking at trading Watson. However that turns out, JJ may not want to wait for that situation to resolve itself. 

14 hours ago, snackattack said:

Has Ben even said hes coming back for 2021? Hes got the look of a dude that needs to retire

He hasn’t but i have a hard time believing he wouldn’t stick around for another 2 years to try and helm another Super Bowl team. We know elite defenses make someone a contender; how do JJ and TJ not channel some sort of mind meld to destroy offenses?

Still takes both sides to be interested and I am a bit scorned from the years of TT seemingly taking passes on Free Agents

Ben has 1 year left on his contract with a cap hit of 41M. Sounds like he wants to come back this year and is willing to lower the cap hit. But I don't think JJ goes there without knowing what the Steelers QB situation is past 2021. I think Packers and Browns are a more attractive situation to him right now.   

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Ben has 1 year left on his contract with a cap hit of 41M. Sounds like he wants to come back this year and is willing to lower the cap hit. But I don't think JJ goes there without knowing what the Steelers QB situation is past 2021. I think Packers and Browns are a more attractive situation to him right now.   

They also just had Pouncey retire. If there was any team a player would want to go to in order to win now, Pittsburgh would be the bottom of the list.

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Texans are still balking at trading Watson. However that turns out, JJ may not want to wait for that situation to resolve itself. 

He talks with Watson often.  Still...fair point.  But if Watson ends up somewhere, I wouldn't put it past JJ to follow.  Especially to Miami or San Fran.  That's the only reason I put them on the list.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He talks with Watson often.  Still...fair point.  But if Watson ends up somewhere, I wouldn't put it past JJ to follow.  Especially to Miami or San Fran.  That's the only reason I put them on the list.

A possibility that I hadn't even considered. Good call.