Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A completely ridiculous comparison considering she's been interviewed a thousand times before. 

We all have parts of our job we don't want to do. Being annoyed by work isn't an assault on your mental health. It's part of being an adult.

So you just don’t believe she suffers from depression or social anxiety? That she’s merely annoyed by work. Ok.

50 minutes ago, deathstar said:

So you just don’t believe she suffers from depression or social anxiety? That she’s merely annoyed by work. Ok.

Not to dive too deep down the rabbit hole, but it's an interesting topic because on the one hand, mental illness (anxiety, depression) is very real and debilitating for some. However, especially in recent years, "mental illness" has also been exploited as a catch-all for whenever someone doesn't want to do something, earn something, or have to work for something. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Well that and to see if they’ll be catching passes from 10 or 12. It will be good to have the WRs there to really get the offense rolling. I always cheer for the long shots this time of year but not that excited to hear about Gaithers and Winfree highlights. 

Recently, I looked at the "other WR's" highlights from college.  I really like the guys that are in camp.  I think my favorite was Malik Taylor.  But they all looked pretty good.

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Recently, I looked at the "other WR's" highlights from college.  I really like the guys that are in camp.  I think my favorite was Malik Taylor.  But they all looked pretty good.

I would hope they all looked good in their previous spot,  Begelton was dominant in the CFL for example. I’m not too confident they can break through at this level. I’m very much hoping they prove me wrong and Taylor did contribute last season although not much. In general these look to be PS guys and I don’t think they’ll displace any of the higher up WRs but that is why they have the competition and this year we will actually see some of it in preseason. 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I would hope they all looked good in their previous spot,  Begelton was dominant in the CFL for example. I’m not too confident they can break through at this level. I’m very much hoping they prove me wrong and Taylor did contribute last season although not much. In general these look to be PS guys and I don’t think they’ll displace any of the higher up WRs but that is why they have the competition and this year we will actually see some of it in preseason. 

I agree.  I really doubt that any of them see much action on the active roster.  I think we have a pretty good group of: Adams, MVS, Lazard, Funchess, EQ, Rodgers ahead of them.  But I do like what I see should they have a need arise.  

4 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Think this conversation has run it’s course but I will say that there’s evidence to support Osaka has depression and anxiety. There is no evidence to suggest her actions are because she is annoyed. 

Okay...but what is it? Thats the missing link far as I'm concerned.

6 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Think this conversation has run it’s course but I will say that there’s evidence to support Osaka has depression and anxiety. There is no evidence to suggest her actions are because she is annoyed. 

The fact that she has done thousands of interviews in the past is fairly strong evidence that she is partly at the least annoyed by it. 

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Posted earlier in the form of her statement.

Yes.....she alludes to suffering from social anxiety and depression. Got that, but it's not actually proof of anything.

As I said in some previous comment, if she's in fact under professional care she should make this information available to the tour directors.

I’m assuming it’s still ok to talk Packers on this thread.  

Jaire Alexander reported to be back for the mandatory minicamp. JA starting his 4th year will get back together with King and a lot of young talent.  He’s been nothing short of fantastic and still has room to grow. 

18 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I’m assuming it’s still ok to talk Packers on this thread.  

Jaire Alexander reported to be back for the mandatory minicamp. JA starting his 4th year will get back together with King and a lot of young talent.  He’s been nothing short of fantastic and still has room to grow. 

Nobody other than Rodgers is gonna dare skip minicamp with the fines in place.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody other than Rodgers is gonna dare skip minicamp with the fines in place.

I hope not, and I hope his teammates put some pressure on AR even indirectly. This is a contract year for basically every WR besides Amari.  They definitely want him here now and in season. 

Edited by Refugee

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

You would have to tank 2022.

You haven't factored in Julio Jones' 2021 cap hit (which would add 5m to the cap burden to 2022), you need money to carry into the season,  think that gives us about 35 players under contract. The cap going up means new contracts cost more. Think we still need more money for 2021 which is going to need to come from 2022. You would need to clear far far more than just 55m.

Its do-able but it only makes sense if you have already written off 2021 as a rebuild year. Which I don't hate.  

My numbers already factored all of those things in. That’s why I said $0 rollover instead of the $5-6m space we currently have. All the contract values I used for the team cap hit were the 2022 numbers. Spotrac does 90% of the work for you if you select 2022 in the drop-down list. They have 44 players shown on the 2022 cap roster. They also used the most recent estimate for 2022 cap (208m).