Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Just don't think its worth it. Maybe if Rodgers was QB but if its Love just get him his own guys. 

Gute knows Adams is an expensive crutch for Love but his dependibility might be worth every dime in his early development.   

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Gute knows Adams is an expensive crutch for Love but his dependibility might be worth every dime in his early development.   

I respectfully disagree with it being worth it. You actually negate the advantage of a QB on a rookie contact by paying a WR that kind of money. Put a bunch of talented guys around him that don't cost 25-28 million a year and make him spread the ball around. The way the offense was designed. 

It's not like we have chopped liver besides Adams, contrary to popular opinion. 

48 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I respectfully disagree with it being worth it. You actually negate the advantage of a QB on a rookie contact by paying a WR that kind of money. Put a bunch of talented guys around him that don't cost 25-28 million a year and make him spread the ball around. The way the offense was designed. 

It's not like we have chopped liver besides Adams, contrary to popular opinion. 

Yeah this. I'd be bummed if we wasted the cheap Love window by paying Adams close to $30mil...that would be awful.

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah this. I'd be bummed if we wasted the cheap Love window by paying Adams close to $30mil...that would be awful.

I do see your point, but put yourself in Gutes shoes..  For him Is there anything more important than Jordan Loves development and success right now? Theres a lot at stake if he fails.  I'm not the least bit surprised by these negotiation reports.  Well see what happens, and I agree to you and I its way overpriced.  To Gute its dependable training wheels for his vital QB.  Whats he willing to pay?

Edited by NFLGURU

19 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Two years after signing that cap hit will be forgotten.

First off, I love Dante Adams. Second, we just have a difference of opinion on how to build your team and be competitive for the long haul. It's all good though. Third, next year is a major problem. Adams does not count on our cap currently and we are already 30+ million or so over the projected cap. If you are paying him 25-30 million a year, year two is going to be 15 or 20 at least, no?

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

First off, I love Dante Adams. Second, we just have a difference of opinion on how to build your team and be competitive for the long haul. It's all good though. Third, next year is a major problem. Adams does not count on our cap currently and we are already 30+ million or so over the projected cap. If you are paying him 25-30 million a year, year two is going to be 15 or 20 at least, no?

The cap in 3-4 years is going to be like 60% higher than it currently is. WRs have one of the highest impacts on winning outside of QBs: https://www.pff.com/war

If your idea of building a team involves getting rid of a top 3 WR then count me out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, deathstar said:

The cap in 3-4 years is going to be like 60% higher than it currently is. WRs have one of the highest impacts on winning outside of QBs: https://www.pff.com/war

If your idea of building a team involves getting rid of a top 3 WR then count me out.

You have no idea what the cap is going to be in 3-4 years. You pay, QB's, LT, pass rusher and CBs. That is who you pay if you have the best at the position. 

Again, we'll agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m really glad some of you aren’t the GMs. You guys don’t wanna re-sign anyone. The cap is easily manipulated. Look at what KC is doing for crying out loud. Who they signed. Russ Ball will make it work. You don’t let the best WR go . 

You pay elite QB's, LT, EDGE rushers and CB. We paid our QB, LT two EDGE rushers and Jaire is going to get his. 

I love Davante, but 12-15% of your cap on a WR with the amount of guys we need to keep is not wise IMO. I can guarantee you if the Packers extend him, I'll be a big fan, still. It's not like anybody who disagrees with extending him doesn't like the player