Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Agreed if you are acclimated to it.  Point being, visiting teams aren't and that is the advantage.  Wind and rain are much worse I think than just cold.  You can dress for the cold if need be but not for rain, wind.

You can do OK with wind, even though it sucks, Rain though....*shivers*

I guess cannondale posted w/o context, because I thought, since we had been discussing re-signing people, that it was in reference to signing players. 

If we're talking about competitive advantage, that's a different matter. 

11 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Anyone else watching Rodgers and DeChambeau whooping up on Brady and Mickelson?  Gorgeous track in Big Sky, Montana and Rodgers is holding his own.

He's a strong golfer .. out drove DeChambeau on several holes, and made several big putts.  The course was beutiful .. probably the greatest backdrops I've ever seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's a strong golfer .. out drove DeChambeau on several holes, and made several big putts.  The course was beutiful .. probably the greatest backdrops I've ever seen.

With about a 75 yard head start. Context is important, but your point, yes Rodgers is a pretty good amateur golfer. A lot better than Tom Brady that was evident. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

With about a 75 yard head start. Context is important, but your point, yes Rodgers is a pretty good amateur golfer. A lot better than Tom Brady that was evident. 

Rodgers swing was better than Brady's, no doubt.  But Michelson kept telling Brady what to do instead of just letting Tom play his game.  Really overanalyzed everything.

Rodgers putter was pure money.  Nerves of steel.  I kept thinking that anyone who could make those putts should play better in big games.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -  Za'Darius Smith's first two seasons in Green Bay:

– Played in all 32 games
– 26 sacks
- 60 QB hits
– 29 TFLs
– 144 total pressures
– 72 defensive stops
– 5 FFs

No

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

To be fair, on most holes, Brady and Rodgers only had about a 40 yard bump over the pros.  The pros were playing the tips and the QB’s we’re playing the next tee box.  I was actually surprised to see both QB’s out-driving the pros on several of the holes.

Regardless, it was a stunning track and Rodgers played damn good for a hippie!  I’m guessing his near future will include getting married, having kids, playing a lot of celebrity pro-ams, and guest-hosting Jeopardy.  

33 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

To be fair, on most holes, Brady and Rodgers only had about a 40 yard bump over the pros.  The pros were playing the tips and the QB’s we’re playing the next tee box.  I was actually surprised to see both QB’s out-driving the pros on several of the holes.

Regardless, it was a stunning track and Rodgers played damn good for a hippie!  I’m guessing his near future will include getting married, having kids, playing a lot of celebrity pro-ams, and guest-hosting Jeopardy.  

I wasn't surprised about the length of the drives from the QB's.  The golf swing creates a lot of power due to the arc of the club.  Tall/long guys have a big advantage.  It isn't all about the muscles to create club head speed.  DeChambeau talked a little about that, as he's still trying to get stronger so that he can drive with those tall/lean guys.

DeChambeau is 6'1'' and he looked pretty short compared to Rodgers.  

Mickelson is 6'3'', and was much shorter than Brady.

Rodgers is listed at 6'2''.

Brady is listed at 6'4''.  Something tells me golf inflates those heights!