Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Who said anyone needed to be fired?    The front office has made decisions they should have known would upset the locker room.    Now that they are getting pushback from the locker room people on this forum act surprised.

Do I really need to give examples of decisions that effected the locker room?   

I'm not even saying these decisions were irrational or wrong.   They just put the relationship between players and management in this position.

You did:  "Don't you think that maybe you might want to look some at the front office people who put us in this position?"

What actions can they take against these front office individuals other than firing them?

I simply disagree with this: "The front office has made decisions they should have known would upset the locker room."

What? The drafting of Love (?) who's not taken a live/real game NFL snap yet has gotten us to this point? I dont buy it.

Edited by Leader

5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Who said anyone needed to be fired?    The front office has made decisions they should have known would upset the locker room.    Now that they are getting pushback from the locker room people on this forum act surprised.

Do I really need to give examples of decisions that effected the locker room?   

I'm not even saying these decisions were irrational or wrong.   They just put the relationship between players and management in this position.

Yep.  Regardless of how big of putz Rodgers is (and he definitely is), there is no avoiding that the FO has misjudged this situation pretty badly from the start.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  Regardless of how big of putz Rodgers is (and he definitely is), there is no avoiding that the FO has misjudged this situation pretty badly from the start.

Are you saying drafting Love put GB in this position?

Is it possible that drafting Love was a catalyst for Rodgers improved play in 2020?

Or was the FO misjudgement giving Rodgers his last contract extension?

I am saying that I very much doubt this is how the FO wanted/expected this situation to play out, and they didn't take some pretty obvious steps that could have helped appease Rodgers early on.  Including how the Love pick was handled.

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am saying that I very much doubt this is how the FO wanted/expected this situation to play out, and they didn't take some pretty obvious steps that could have helped appease Rodgers early on.  Including how the Love pick was handled.

What did the front office need to do?  Ask Rodgers permission on drafting Live?

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well...since you mentions "contract" - AR has the security of three more years on his contract. His biggest "insecurity" is his cost. Brady took less to stick around in NE - but that FO failed him by not drafting/securing more impact players.

Apparently, AR's not interested to do the same. Oh well. He took all the guaranteed money on his current contract already. Quite honestly, he could simply be forcing himself out of GB in order to get a new contract with greater guaranteed money than GB's willing to supply. GB certainly cant pay him more. He's already the highest player in the league.

Adams is in a position to negotiate a new contract which has guarantees he wont wind up like Mathews / Jordy - who had no such contractual protection.

Do you honestly not see that Rodgers wouldn't see the 2020 draft as helping the Packers win a Super Bowl?   If you cant understand that, there is no use discussing it further.  The first 3 picks were for the future.

This doesn't mean they were the wrong moves -  it simply means that if you were in Rodgers position you would see it the opposite of trying to "go for it".

As for Adams - We have people on this board already wanting to get rid of him for going through the normal negotiating process.   It makes very little sense.

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

You may be correct, but pushing Mathews and Jordy out without an offer when they said they were willing to take a cut has to make the locker room look at it differently.

Why wouldn't Adams go for everything he can get when he watched the previous star of the group get pushed out that way?  Why would people want Adams traded because he is negotiating for a new contract in the same fashion any player with his performance would?- 

I'm also confused on the Adams anger. I have a feeling it's nothing like it's being made out to be with the contract

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Do you honestly not see that Rodgers wouldn't see the 2020 draft as helping the Packers win a Super Bowl?   If you cant understand that, there is no use discussing it further.  The first 3 picks were for the future.

This doesn't mean they were the wrong moves -  it simply means that if you were in Rodgers position you would see it the opposite of trying to "go for it".

As for Adams - We have people on this board already wanting to get rid of him for going through the normal negotiating process.   It makes very little sense.

I wonder if Rodgers also saw if he played better in the NFC Championship we would have been in the Super Bowl against a beat up KC team who we could have exposed the same way Tampa did. 

The Love pick could in fact help get us to the Super Bowl this year. Rodgers hasn't exactly been an iron man in his career here. Our back up QB situation has cost us when he misses games. Solidifying that position makes a ton of sense, especially if he turns into the franchise QB. It was actually the very responsible move for the organization to make. 

Sometimes the most difficult place to look is in the mirror! 

Also, I don't think people are mad at Adams. I think everybody understands the reality it's likely his last year. 

17 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Yes - Love was for the future. A smart move in fact should he prove to have the goods. AR was under contract for 4 more years at that point but he's reached the "not gonna last forever" stage of his career  and his cost is escalating. 

So - following some down years - what's he do? He ups his game! He plays better!

*Suddenly* from out of nowhere - we get the old AR. Not the fundamentally challenged, fat, rich and happy throwing the ball out of bounds at a record pace "I cant wait to retire in GB" AR.

Thats good for him. Thats good for GB. Thats good for GB fans as well. 

Yup. I blame the front office for all that success. Clearly, somebody's *** needs to be canned.

GB has been to two consecutive NFGCG's - and last year - FOLLOWING that "disasterous" for the future 2020 draft - they were the #1 seed - with the #1 offense.

Terrible. Just terrible.

Yes. I can clearly see why AR's discontented. Clear as mud it is.

Edited by Leader

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm also confused on the Adams anger. I have a feeling it's nothing like it's being made out to be with the contract

People are just tired of getting jerked around by the media and following this AR-craze - by some players.
The Adams thing is just bad timing. Take away the AR context - whats going on is business as usual.

• Like 1