Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, hitnhope said:

So basically you refuse to understand the situation.  I guess there is no need to further discuss. 

I answered your comment point for point but if you can read that and determine I dont understand the situation - you're right. I'm wasting my time with you. Have a nice day.

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

I answered your comment point for point but if you can read that and determine I dont understand the situation - you're right. I'm wasting my time with you. Have a nice day.

No you ignored the comments and reacted as if you are Mark Murphy.   I was asking you to see it from the players view.  Apparently you don't want to see it from that angle.  

Have a good one.

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

No you ignored the comments and reacted as if you are Mark Murphy.   I was asking you to see it from the players view.  Apparently you don't want to see it from that angle.  Have a good one.

You said:
1.  Do you honestly not see that Rodgers wouldn't see the 2020 draft as helping the Packers win a Super Bowl? 
2. This doesn't mean they were the wrong moves. It simply means that if you were in Rodgers position you would see it the opposite of trying to "go for it".

That's what you said - and I answered those comments.

GB's built a well rounded roster. One thats been successful. One thats been on the cusp of the last two Super Bowls.

I can certainly understand AR perspective and if you've been around and reading then you know I've been saying this is a contractual matter and not the "Kumerow, AVP,  For the people" stuff.

The drafting of Love hasnt hurt GB's on the field production or performance one bit. Thats not my opinion. Thats assessing the records of performance.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The drafting of Love hasnt hurt GB's on the field production or performance one bit. Thats not my opinion. Thats assessing the records of performance.

Do you really think theat Rodgers thinks drafting Jordan Love helped them get over the hump last year more that a first round player at a position that could have used help?

Again- You are seeing this through management or a fans eyes, not through the players .

I’ll be pretty happy next week when TC rolls around.  There will still be drama but not to the level of speculation about what players and f/o must have been thinking and saying behind closed doors. 12 will have to play his cards pretty soon and then the Pack can do what’s best for the team. If he wants to look at it as his last dance with 17 and the boys, I’m all for it- just get in and show your teammates and the fans why you’re worth this soap opera.  

in the meantime, I want my camp crushes and long shots to be the topic of conversation as we try to get the best 53 out of camp. Are you ready for some football?

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Do you really think theat Rodgers thinks drafting Jordan Love helped them get over the hump last year more that a first round player at a position that could have used help?

The proof is in the results.

The Packers did very well - *very well* - the season after drafting Love. That's not conjecture, opinion or even subject to question.

Now - if you think that singular draft pick would have changed the tide in the NFCCG and put GB in the SB - fine. You're entitled to think that. I wont discuss it because it's pure conjecture, opinion with a bit of fantasy mixed in.

In other words, it simply cant be proved.

End of discussion. Lets wait till AR shows up (or not) and speaks (or not).

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

The proof is in the results.

The Packers did very well - *very well* - the season after drafting Love. That's not conjecture, opinion or even subject to question.

Now - if you think that singular draft pick would have changed the tide in the NFCCG and put GB in the SB - fine. You're entitled to think that. I wont discuss it because it's pure conjecture, opinion with a bit of fantasy mixed in.

In other words, it simply cant be proved.

End of discussion. Lets wait till AR shows up (or not) and speaks (or not).

It's not about what you or I think.   It's about what the players in the locker room think.   That has been my point all along.

You may think last season went "very well", but Rodgers see's TB going all in.  In his mind the Packers didn't go all in.   Not winning isn't good enough.

Edited by hitnhope

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Packers President Mark Murphy and GM Brian Gutekunst are scheduled to address the Annual Meeting of Shareholders today at 11 a.m. local Green Bay time at Lambeau Field.

So, Aaron's folks will probably drop a 'bomb' this morning prior to the meeting .. you know, to stick it to the Packers brass.

And what are Gute and Murphy going to talk about?  I'll bet you they say it early and often.  Finances.

They aren't going to talk much about wins and losses.  

Fans are going to be at the stadium.  They want fan answers.  Winning and losing.  Which is players.  When all this league is about is the money.

With the average career being 3-4 years, owners/franchises getting 52% of revenue, we fans want wins and titles.  Players and organizations?  Money.  At least GB is a little different in their structure, but the cap limits what they can do.  And GB has drafted really well and had to pay out a lot of dollars due to that drafting.  With much more to be spent in the future on Alexander, Gary, Savage and Love.  Not to mention Jenkins.

This isn't old school Lombardi football anymore.  Hasn't been in a quite a while.

13 hours ago, hitnhope said:

It's not about what you or I think.   It's about what the players in the locker room think.   That has been my point all along.

You may think last season went "very well", but Rodgers see's TB going all in.  In his mind the Packers didn't go all in.   Not winning isn't good enough.

If you can stop defending the 'poor' QB of the Packers for a minute.....

Tampa Bay going all in- BS, they had the unnatural luck of playing two teams that had catastrophic injuries to their OLs.  They are NOT a franchise to be admired for anything but being incredibly fortunate (some would say lucky).  They resigned a lot of their players because they had the cap space to do it.  We didn't have much cap space, but Gute pretty much kept the crew together except for the Center position.

You want to look at it from the players point of view?  Make them watch the SF NFCCG from two years ago.  A pathetic effort.  Then make them watch last years give away in the NFCCG.  How many times did our defense give the ball back to the offense?  How many times, led by our 'poor' QB, did we sh** the bed?

But the 'story' is that MLF blew it by going for the FG.  BS, the three plays before the FG, our QB was pathetic.  Go watch it.  Poor, poor and poor.  But....he loves the fact that somehow MLF is to blame.

Nobody wants to say it, and the national media won't say it, but Rodgers (as good as he is) is going to be known more as a choker than a winner.  He has more talent than Brady, but he is not a winner.

I don't give a flying f**k what's in his mind.

CHTV - The Green Bay front office has been widely criticized for not “consulting” Rodgers before taking Love in the first round.  Come on.  Would that really have made a difference?  Would Rodgers have been any less paranoid?  What if Brian Gutekunst had consulted him ahead of time, and Rodgers had objected to it?  Would Gutey have selected Love anyway?  Likely yes.  And that would have gotten Rodgers even more riled up.

So, as training camp gets ready to begin, we are left with the ultimate irony.  Aaron Rodgers, so offended by the drafting of Love, should now be pulling for the second year signal caller to be a huge and immediate success.  Rodgers wants out of Green Bay, right?  The Packers insist they are not trading him, under any circumstances.

Unless.....

Unless Jordan Love balls out and shows he can play winning football right from the start.  My bet is that Rodgers does not report to camp.  And not just because he is unhappy with management.  If QB12 reports, he knows he immediately becomes the week one starter and takes over the first team reps.  Love is relegated to back-up, and the Packers don’t get the opportunity to see if their young quarterback can win a regular season game under center.  Rodgers gains nothing toward his goal of going elsewhere.