Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

51 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Why stop let’s go get Woodson, Collins, Capers, McCarthy, Favre... bring them all back.

Instead of taking the offseason off because he was mad and pouty about how GB treats players, Fraudgers should have been lobbying for them to sign Casey Hayward instead. Now he's lobbying for old, washed players. Fraudgers clearly the worst GM in league history

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Instead of taking the offseason off because he was mad and pouty about how GB treats players, Fraudgers should have been lobbying for them to sign Casey Hayward instead. Now he's lobbying for old, washed players. Fraudgers clearly the worst GM in league history

Don’t get me wrong... conceptually and in the abstract it’s not the worse idea ever. Matthews as you 5th OLB isn’t bad.

The real life issue with it though is Matthews cool with such a diminished role that fits his diminished returns?

Normally star types have a hard time with taking a step back, that’s why they move on because teams that have openings can offer similar roles that their original team has moved on from. So the question is... is Matthews cool with being the 5th OLB, signing for vet min, playing special teams, being a healthy scratch on some game days, etc. you know all the things a fringe roster player deals with.

If he is... I’m fine with the move honestly. I’m not here to argue 5th OLB on this roster. Because I doubt any current depth OLB guy on this team is some All pro waiting to happen.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Don’t get me wrong... conceptually and in the abstract it’s not the worse idea ever. Matthews as you 5th OLB isn’t bad.

The real life issue with it though is Matthews cool with such a diminished role that fits his diminished returns?

Normally star types have a hard time with taking a step back, that’s why they move on because teams that have openings can offer similar roles that their original team has moved on from. So the question is... is Matthews cool with being the 5th OLB, signing for vet min, playing special teams, being a healthy scratch on some game days, etc. you know all the things a fringe roster player deals with.

If he is... I’m fine with the move honestly. I’m not here to argue 5th OLB on this roster. Because I doubt any current depth OLB guy on this team is some All pro waiting to happen.

This is why I don't see it happening. Don't see him at his age playing ST, and being 4th/5th OLB, he'll need to be doing a lot of that if he's gonna stick on a 53-man roster