Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I can gain 10lbs in a couple days easy

Are you an athlete with 6-8% body fat? And if 10 pounds is added in days, is it going to be good weight? My point, that I thought was obvious, is that he knew in his exit interview after the playoffs what kind of weight the Packers would like to see him at come training camp. To wait until a week into training camp was not the ideal. 

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I can gain 10lbs in a couple days easy

Every time I go to visit WI. All I do is go to all my favorite restaurants and have a few beers with friends and family. I eat 5 squares and drink 20 spotted cows everyday I'm visiting home. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, R T said:

Are you an athlete with 6-8% body fat? And if 10 pounds is added in days, is it going to be good weight? My point, that I thought was obvious, is that he knew in his exit interview after the playoffs what kind of weight the Packers would like to see him at come training camp. To wait until a week into training camp was not the ideal. 

Oh it's all bad weight.

• Like 4

Speaking of getting bigger, how about Sternberger? He'll sit out 2 games, but DAMN!!!!!!.  The kid has been in the weight room thats for sure.  

Hopefully he can stay healthy and produce.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Speaking of getting bigger, how about Sternberger? He'll sit out 2 games, but DAMN!!!!!!.  The kid has been in the weight room thats for sure.  Hopefully he can stay healthy and produce.

Well I'd read somewhere that he'd actually trimmed down heading into last season - and that didnt help him much when it came to blocking LBs and such. So, it sounds like he's reversed course. I hope he's able to stay on the field and contribute.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Speaking of getting bigger, how about Sternberger? He'll sit out 2 games, but DAMN!!!!!!.  The kid has been in the weight room thats for sure.  

Good! Jace needed to get some NFL strength and weight. 250-260 should help give him some sand when he’s blocking 

10 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

What was he suspended for anyway? I don't want to jump to conclusion here but............ it was substance abuse which is a broad term. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

What was he suspended for anyway? I don't want to jump to conclusion here but............ it was substance abuse which is a broad term. 

He mixed some scripts with alcohol and had some kind of traffic incident. Not sure if that was an actual accident or he was found snoozing at a street corner. I guess that constitutes "substance abuse" in a way - but unless it was a habit, it's not the typical or classical kind.

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Well I'd read somewhere that he'd actually trimmed down heading into last season - and that didnt help him much when it came to blocking LBs and such. So, it sounds like he's reversed course. I hope he's able to stay on the field and contribute.

That's basically par for the course in the NFL. You can't take off bad weight and put on good weight at the same time. If guys are a little rotund coming in, they basically spend that first year taking it off. 

14 hours ago, R T said:

He came into the program at like 235. They probably want him up at like 255. That isn't really something you put on in an offseason. Getting up to 245 in an offseason while still maintaining a decent composition isn't a bad offseason by any means. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He came into the program at like 235. They probably want him up at like 255. That isn't really something you put on in an offseason. Getting up to 245 in an offseason while still maintaining a decent composition isn't a bad offseason by any means. 

I missed where it is said he has gotten up to 245, Google searching I didn't find anywhere about weight gain for him and I may have missed it. Packers website lists him at 229.

Packers OLB coach thinks Tipa Galeai can be ‘damn good player’ (usatoday.com)  

3 minutes ago, R T said:

I missed where it is said he has gotten up to 245, Google searching I didn't find anywhere about weight gain for him and I may have missed it. Packers website lists him at 229.

Packers OLB coach thinks Tipa Galeai can be ‘damn good player’ (usatoday.com)  

229 was his rookie weight. He was listed at 235 in college. There's no way he's the same weight now.