Packers hire Mike Pettine as Defensive Coordinator

marky mark

24 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

Fair point but to be fair, the entire secondary looked lost last year.

Seattle was in that camp from 2012-2014. I knew they were going to destroy the Broncos in the Super Bowl because the Broncos were all about YAC that year and the Seahawks don't give up YAC.

Agree about SEA D. They were awesome. Played with a "this is our field" dominance - chased ball carriers into the cheap seats and made them pay. I simply forgot them - which is odd cause they were my Fantasy Football D and I have absolutely no problem - whatsoever - penciling them in every week. A major point contributor  :)

Just now, craig said:

Curious.  Pettine just got hired last night and he's already had time to interview and hire Whitt?  Wonder if he's got history with Whitt somehow.  Or if he just trusted MM's judgment? 

As far as I'm aware, there is no connection.  I'm sure that Pettine talked to Whitt, Perry, and Moss last night/today.  I wonder what happens with Winston Moss.

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Just hope he stays hands on. Always sad when a good teacher gets promoted and they no longer teach. Comes with the territory, but still.....

I wonder if Whitt is a good teacher?  Tramon and Shields developed well. 

Some guys with talent, self-motivation, and some brains/instincts kinda figure things on their own.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

As far as I'm aware, there is no connection.  I'm sure that Pettine talked to Whitt, Perry, and Moss last night/today.  I wonder what happens with Winston Moss.

Moss is McCarthy's right hand man for 18 years. Prior to hiring Pettine MM probably insisted keeping him on staff unless Moss manages to get a job elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Moss is McCarthy's right hand man for 18 years. Before hiring Pettine MM probably insisted keeping him on staff unless Moss manages to get a job elsewhere.

Maybe.  I'm just not sure that Mike would make a demand like that.  That being said, I think there were rumblings that some inside the organization had hoped that Winston Moss would move on without being forced to leave.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe.  I'm just not sure that Mike would make a demand like that.  That being said, I think there were rumblings that some inside the organization had hoped that Winston Moss would move on without being forced to leave.

Thats an interesting observation. Do you have anymore fruit to put on that tree? From "where" within the organization and possibly why the dissatisfaction.......

Archived