Ideas for the NFL to increase parity

paul-mac

I'm honestly sick of this quest for equity (even outside of sports). It's gotten so out of control. Life isn't fair!

Football is a sport, and sports are competitive. That's the whole point, and competition doesn't just happen on the field, but in the front offices as well. 

If teams can't get it together than that's their own fault. Just like how some players are better than others, some GMs are way better than others. Some coaches are way better than others. Accept it. And it's not like the Browns don't have a chance to get better. All of these draft picks they squander as I yell at the TV calling them idiots for drafting Johnny Manziel, Justin Gilbert, Danny Shelton, Cameron Erving, etc, etc, etc. 

23 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Honestly no Rodgers made this season better. It’s pretty boring just watching the same guys beat up on everyone. I’d love Rodgers and Brady to retire. 

If you were a Packers fan there is no way in hell you'd even think that.

On 1/14/2018 at 8:44 AM, paul-mac said:

The NFL has a parity problem. It’s ridiculous that in a league designed for parity the Patriots can be making the conference championship 7 years in a row, so we need some rule changes to increase parity. I have a few ideas.

1. Reallocate the salary cap: The players and owners negotiate that X% of League revenue goes into player salaries in the CBA. This number is currently divided by 32 to give the salary cap. Maybe poorer performing teams should be given more money and the Patriots less.

2. Draft considerations: At the moment we have a full first round of draft picks before the worst team picks again. Maybe we should have the top 20 picks (non playoff teams) and then the top 20 teams pick AGAIN (40 picks today) and then the non playoff teams get two picks each (so we’ve had 64 picks) and then carry on as normal 

Your ideas are terrible.

Nope, the NFL actually needs to do less to force parity. When teams draft and develop better than other teams its ridiculous that they can't keep the guys the drafted and developed. The NFL badly needs some kind of 'Larry Bird exception' for their salary cap. 

That said, we are witnessing the greatest dynasty in NFL history with the Pats. Why not just enjoy greatness? And I am by no means a Patriots fan but greatness is greatness. 

I'm a Browns fan so I'm on board for anything that would help us....but the proposed rules are ridiculous. Bad teams become good teams every year. Good teams become bad teams every year. There are enough resources at each team's hands to create a fluctuation of success. They're responsible for making the right moves. People who suck at the game that is improving your team shouldn't get to be good.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

If you were a Packers fan there is no way in hell you'd even think that.

Rodgers make the NFC more interesting. But speaking to parity, Rodgers greatness has only yielded one SB. Plenty of parity, but with the Pats, we're basically witnessing the greatest dynasty ever. Who knows who the next dynasty will be.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Rodgers make the NFC more interesting. But speaking to parity, Rodgers greatness has only yielded one SB. Plenty of parity, but with the Pats, we're basically witnessing the greatest dynasty ever. Who knows who the next dynasty will be.

So far...   ;)

5 hours ago, joru1000 said:

If teams can't get it together than that's their own fault. Just like how some players are better than others, some GMs are way better than others. Some coaches are way better than others. Accept it.

Woah woah, how can you even think that, it's 2018???

Maybe if people stopped obsessing over their hatred for the Patriots you could stand back and appreciate what they've been able to accomplish during the salary cap era. You're basically getting to watch the Michael Jordan of the NFL play every weekend and people still complain. 

No one is annoyed more than Steeles fans like myself that the Pats are so good, but I wouldnt change a thing.    

There is nothing wrong with the parity.    The Patriots just so happen to have the GOAT coach and the marginally talented GOAT QB at the same time, and to be honest, we will probably never see dominance like this again.     Not to say there wont be any dynasties or consistently great teams, but not on this level spanning nearly 2 decades.    

On 1/16/2018 at 12:10 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

No one is annoyed more than Steeles fans like myself that the Pats are so good, but I wouldnt change a thing.    

There is nothing wrong with the parity.    The Patriots just so happen to have the GOAT coach and the marginally talented GOAT QB at the same time, and to be honest, we will probably never see dominance like this again.     Not to say there wont be any dynasties or consistently great teams, but not on this level spanning nearly 2 decades.    

I remember when the Patriots won their second Super Bowl in 3 years and whoever was on commentary said “that’s two in 3 years, in this era of free agency that’s as close to a dynasty as you’re ever going to find”.

the fool 

Archived