Which SB matchup do you want?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which SB matchup do you want?

• Patriots Eagles
    • Patriots Vikings
    • Jaguars Eagles
    • Jaguars Vikings

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Careful what you wish for, if Nick Foles wins a Super Bowl against the Patriots you might be stuck with him over Wentz

I would have 0 problem outright cutting Carson Wentz if it meant winning a SB...

I'm rooting for an Eagles-Jaguars SB. I think the Eagles stand a much better chance against the Jaguars than the Patriots.

If the Patriots don't make it, man, what a BIZARRE SB we will be treated to. 2 teams that have never won a SB, 2 teams that weren't even in the playoffs the year before, 2 teams whose starting QB many considered awful at the start of the year. This didn't dawn on me until now. I don't think we'll have seen a more unlikely matchup in SB history... will have to check the odds on that one though.

The best SB in terms of the game would probably be the Vikings-Patriots, as you'd have the AFC 1 seed vs what was essentially NFC's 1 seed. The 2 pre-playoff favorites going at it is generally going to be a good game, especially if the Pats are involved.

Jaguars versus Eagles
Jaguars versus Vikings
Patriots @ Vikings
Patriots versus Eagles

It would be the best thing possible for the NFL if the Jaguars beat the Patriots, guaranteeing a team that's never won the Super Bowl will win one.  Ratings will be much higher if the Patriots get in, but for the long run and for the future of the NFL, it would be best if two new teams made it. 

Which, of course, means that the NFL will think only short term and make sure the refs literally screw the Jaguars by two terrible early calls that completely change the complexity of the game in the favor of New England. 

Thanks for losing the Super Bowl a week early, Jalen.  Helps me not get my hopes up.  Can we be sure to retroactively remove 10 points from Jalen's Wonderlic score for talking **** immediately after his team beat the team that was talking **** about his team? 

I want to see the Patriots play Minny, both HC's are defensive geniuses and Zimmer could well be on his way to being the next BB. He's not only a defensive genius like BB, he seems to be able to win with even his 3rd string QB, a pretty impressive accomplishment. This is the only scenario left unless you are a home fan of the Eagles or the Jaguars, that is worth watching.

I can guarantee you, people who voted for Minny vs the Jaguars wouldn't even watch more than a quarter of the game and the national audience would be the lowest in the history of the SB era. The Eagles vs the Jaguars would draw even less of a national audience and could have a disastrous effect on the future of the NFL as far as TV revenue is concerned!!! Yeah, Bortles vs Foles, now that is a game worth watching!!! Not!!!

Personally, I hope it's Vikings/Jags or Vikings/Pats. I clearly want the Vikings in. I think Vikings/Patriots would probably be the most interesting game. But the defensive game that you could get between Vikings/Jaguars would be something different than normal.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:22 PM, lancerman said:
On 1/14/2018 at 11:20 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You guys have won enough. Just leave Brady in New England and throw us a bone to make up for 04 if we do get there.

No we already lost twice to an NFC EAST team. There must be balance in the force

Yes but to achieve balance another loss to a NFCE team is needed. Just saying. ?

5-3

Archived