NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

this 4th and 15 is a WAAAAYYYYYYY more entertaining play than an onside kick.

I watch football to be entertained. This is a no-brainer good idea IMO. The only question is the specifics of the down, distance and starting position.

The math should be relatively straightforward to find out what combination would result in a similar success rate as the old onside kick.

The rule proposes, 4th and 15 @ the 35 yard line just like a kick off. If you covert the 4th down it would be about the same as recovering an onside kick. Can only do it once in the 4th quarter after an scoring play.

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

That's what I'd like to see.  Punter kicks it at the 45.  Has to go at least 10 yds but can be as high as possible.  Whoever gets the ball gets possession.  It'd be like playing 500 when you were kid and there are 22 of you trying to catch it (except for the punting part).

That.  Would.  Be. Awesome!

12 hours ago, thrILL! said:

That's what I'd like to see.  Punter kicks it at the 45.  Has to go at least 10 yds but can be as high as possible.  Whoever gets the ball gets possession.  It'd be like playing 500 when you were kid and there are 22 of you trying to catch it (except for the punting part).

That’s an injury just waiting to happen. Having 22 jacked football players trying to catch one football would get very ugly. 

16 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

That’s an injury just waiting to happen. Having 22 jacked football players trying to catch one football would get very ugly. 

It could be.  It'd be a cross between a jump ball in basketball and a rugby scrum.  I rather like the idea myself, but like incog said, I'm here to be entertained, LOL.

Per Saints coach Sean Payton, competition committee has agreed to a proposal that would allow coaches challenge on plays where offensive or defensive pass interference is not called. If it passes, that would address non-calls similar to the one in the Saints-Rams NFC Champ.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Per Saints coach Sean Payton, competition committee has agreed to a proposal that would allow coaches challenge on plays where offensive or defensive pass interference is not called. If it passes, that would address non-calls similar to the one in the Saints-Rams NFC Champ.

Do not like. Really do not like. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Do not like. Really do not like. 

The poor, poor Saints. Never mind they probably got to the NFCCG because of some bad call(s) that went their way earlier in the year.
I think we should make every penalty reviewable. Lets turn the game into nothing but replays and reviews. Gotta get it right. Gotta be perfect.