NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, Leader said:

He's baaaackkk....

Adam Schefter -   Under the terms of his 11-game suspension, Browns’ QB Deshaun Watson is eligible to begin practicing, effective today. He can make his season debut in Week 13 at Houston against his former team.

The comment section to that tweet did not disappoint

has anyone seen if teams that play on slit film have more injuries per year than teams that dont? seems like that would be plenty incentive for clubs to switch over for their own guys. 

NFLPA trying to go about this all wrong. changes dont happen often out of kindness.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/14/research-shows-statistically-significant-higher-risk-of-lower-extremity-injuries-on-slit-film-turf/

i have to imagine clubs would do it to eliminate competitive disadvantage.

15 hours ago, Leader said:

He's baaaackkk....

Adam Schefter -   Under the terms of his 11-game suspension, Browns’ QB Deshaun Watson is eligible to begin practicing, effective today. He can make his season debut in Week 13 at Houston against his former team.

Happy ending for the Browns season joke.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

For better or worse, NFL fans will quickly forget Watson's legal troubles if he can still play at a high level.

Some will. For me, whatever team gives him a contract becomes my least favorite team in the league.

Which is the first time since 2002 that it isn't "whichever team employs Brady."

On 11/14/2022 at 5:18 AM, Leader said:

He's baaaackkk....

I don't usually wish for injury, but if Deshaun tears an ACL on his first snap I wouldn't be upset about it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

has anyone seen if teams that play on slit film have more injuries per year than teams that dont? seems like that would be plenty incentive for clubs to switch over for their own guys. 

NFLPA trying to go about this all wrong. changes dont happen often out of kindness.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/14/research-shows-statistically-significant-higher-risk-of-lower-extremity-injuries-on-slit-film-turf/

i have to imagine clubs would do it to eliminate competitive disadvantage.

The owners should tell the players that either they give up .1% of the revenue to make these changes, or they can go pound sand. The Owners and the NFLPA redid the CBA in 2020. The players had all of this data back then and they didn't give a **** about "player safety" when there was money and weed on the line. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I don't usually wish for injury, but if Deshaun tears an ACL on his first snap I wouldn't be upset about it

He probably wouldn't be either.  Gets paid either way.  It is the Browns who will suffer.  No problem with that at all they should after that ridiculous contract.  Wilson signing didn't exactly work out for Denver either.  He's a different kind of turd like a fake turd.  Watson is a steaming pile of odorous crap...

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The owners should tell the players that either they give up .1% of the revenue to make these changes, or they can go pound sand. The Owners and the NFLPA redid the CBA in 2020. The players had all of this data back then and they didn't give a **** about "player safety" when there was money and weed on the line. 

You are something else. 

The data being tweeted around on field surface is relatively new and seems to have pretty high error bars.

Personally, I'd prefer the NFL not play the game on grass.  The game is more crisp and fun to watch on artificial surface, especially when there is precipitation.

Sloppy games are not fun to watch.  Soldier field is not fun to watch.  Players complain about soldier field all the time.