NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Taking the owners to court over guaranteed contracts is nothing more than grandstanding by the NFLPA.

We'd see more NFL players with fully guaranteed deals if the players weren't trying to max out their AAV on the same contract.  If a player wants a fully guaranteed contract, I expect they could get it by sacrificing 10-15% of the AAV.  Once the market for guaranteed contracts is set, the benchmarks will steadily rise, just like they have always done for the partially guaranteed deals. 

except deshaun watson.  He's the exception right now.  Had both bites of the apple - the gtd and the aav.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah, I expect Saleh benched Wilson as much for his lack of maturity and self-accountability as for his on field performance.

Not disagreeing.

Am saying...his on the field performance was abysmal.  Couldn't read a blitz.  Poor decision making.  It was just really rough for him.  And BB exploited it all last week, as you would expect him to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Not disagreeing.

Am saying...his on the field performance was abysmal.  Couldn't read a blitz.  Poor decision making.  It was just really rough for him.  And BB exploited it all last week, as you would expect him to do.

For sure.  I've seen a couple Jets games over the past few weeks (including this past Sunday), and Wilson was pretty terrible in both.

• Like 1