NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Don't spend really high draft capital on non premium positions. Period. 

I think Hock would have been a good add for the Packers.  You'd basically get a year and half of him for relatively cheap money, and he would have helped us immediately in the pass game and the run game.  Tonyan is a free agent next year.  Hock might have been a guy that would have been worth extending at some point.  He's a high quality TE. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Hock would have been a good add for the Packers.  You'd basically get a year and half of him for relatively cheap money, and he would have helped us immediately in the pass game and the run game.  Tonyan is a free agent next year.  Hock might have been a guy that would have been worth extending at some point.  He's a high quality TE. 

Agree with this completely.  He’s a great blocker too.

Edited by Cpdaly23

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Eight was too high. I think he went eighth.....
But he's a good player and he'll fit right in the MN arsenal - which isnt good news for us.

I'm honestly....worried is the wrong word....puzzled is bit better....about the Packers chances. They really seem out of sorts and I'm honestly unsure they've got it in them to pull out of this tailspin.

13 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It would be weeks until he knew the offense.  And it would take until next year before he and Rodgers clicked.

We lose a good pick....then we have to PAY the Tight End.

And you just don't pay tight ends big money, unless their names are Prime Gronk or Kelce.

To be fair, I feel like Hock does have ability and maybe could turn into a great TE like that.  Just that the odds are against it.

So really, when you pay a TE and they aren't Gronk or Kelce, you hurt your team.  And let's not kid ourselves, someone is going to pay a lot on Hock's next contract.

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This.  If you get into that latter part of the first round, depending on the board it makes sense.  But a top 10 pick spent on a non-premium position is stupid.

Dov Kleiman -    The Bucs, Packers, Bills and Rams have contacted free-agent WR Odell Beckham about potentially signing him. Each team touched base with him but the current health of his knee remains a question, per Al bert Breer. The Chiefs also showed interest in him prior to the Toney trade.

///

I hope Murphy can close this deal and not leave it to Gute....cause we all know how that'll turn out :)