NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.

Reason #372 why people don’t like me here. I’m an elitist prick who doesn’t have time for moral victories and “fun seasons.”

This is going to be the most fun, least stressful season in a while 

It really took a lot to tank that detroit game. All those chances we had. It was beautiful

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

This is going to be the most fun, least stressful season in a while 

It really took a lot to tank that detroit game. All those chances we had. It was beautiful

Yep, loads to have fun with this year knowing we've got zero shot.

1. Will Toure be Love's Driver?
2. Will Kingsley Engabeerhasbarley get the reps he otherwise wouldn't have to develop into a steal?
3. Does Wyatt ever see the field or does he not break enough church doors down?
4. Quay Walker.
5. Jaire getting the interceptions in a bad defense he should have gotten in a good defense.
6. Aaron's 100th interception.
7. Aaron underthrowing offensive linemen.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm shocked I didn't make it. Actually disappointed.

The Damarious Randall trade was a good deal for us.

You're not on the list because I pity you.

Wrong so often and you have to deal with someone like me being right all the time.

Remember when you chewed my *** for saying the Bears were closer to a Super Bowl win than we are?

Well look at what we have less than a year later.

Bears looking like they've got a franchise QB and a culture that has never not been without an elite defense for longer than 5 years.

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If you’re not rooting for a team with zero Super Bowl wins to win it this year, you’re rooting for the wrong thing.

It’s all about Super Bowls, and the only way we can stay ahead of and catch up to as many teams as possible is if one without a Super Bowl win gets one.

I’m a Bills fan the minute the Packers are mathematically eliminated.

This is only for people with inferiority complex who need to be above everyone to feel right. I don't care what happens once we are eliminated. 

Edited by VonKarman

3 hours ago, VonKarman said:

This is only for people with inferiority complex who need to be above everyone to feel right. I don't care what happens once we are eliminated. 

Well the last thing I have is an inferiority complex, so you should get past the Wikipedia page on Psychology 101 before any further diagnosis.

What it actually is is being a broad strokes fan and want the Packers to have more Super Bowl wins than other teams.

If you disagree with me you must have an Oedipus Complex or some other thing I’m going to accuse you of because you said something on the internet.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

The Packers Wire  -  Blake Martinez, a 2016 draft pick of the Green Bay Packers who played four seasons with the franchise, is retiring from the NFL.

Fine career for Blake .. I'd say exceeded expectations when he was drafted and earned a lot of dough in his career.  I figured he's turn up someone where and play a few more years, but walking away at this point is still a solid move.

2 hours ago, Pick6byWoodson said:

Wasn't Blake Martinez one of the 'better' middle linebackers in the league with us? How did he get washed out of the league so quickly?

I guess if you use the word "better" liberally, sure.  He was a solid LBer, but he made most of his plays behind the LOS.  He really wasn't an impact player at all.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I guess if you use the word "better" liberally, sure.  He was a solid LBer, but he made most of his plays behind the LOS.  He really wasn't an impact player at all.

yea our whole system was designed for ilb to rack up tackles so its hard to read into those numbers. green dot was probably his biggest value iirc

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yep.  Martinez was a fine pick for GB, but that comes with the caveat of his modest draft position being part of that equation.  Martinez was a good player to have on a rookie contract, but I was more than fine with GB letting him walk rather than paying market value on a 2nd contract.