NFL News & Notes

Leader

21 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

What're they gonna do though? They got a massive line with a good rushing attack. Ask Richardson to just be a pocket passer? Then why draft Richardson?

Yeah that's true. I assumed they were doing him dirty like they did Luck

10 hours ago, spilltray said:

Which is why you shouldn't ever draft Richardson in the first place. Running QB will never hold up in the NFL. Being able to escape pressure is nice, but more than that is actually a huge negative, rather than a positive.

It was less about the running and more about Richardson's willingness to take big hits.  Having a running QB is one thing.  Having a running QB that makes no effort to avoid unnecessary punishment while running is something else.  Richardson was the latter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It was less about the running and more about Richardson's willingness to take big hits.  Having a running QB is one thing.  Having a running QB that makes no effort to avoid unnecessary punishment while running is something else.  Richardson was the latter.

This ^

Which is why somebody's gotta speak some sense into Josh Allen. He's working on shortening his career - or eventually limiting his effectiveness. 

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

But those 4 games were absolutely electric has a football fan. I appreciated his efforts. I'm sure colts fans hope he changes.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure if this has been posted already....but Player Owners is a really (really) bad idea.....

Now I'm about 0.1% interested in drafting him should we suck that much... because technically we're the only franchise that can meet his demand.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Not sure if this has been posted already....but Player Owners is a really (really) bad idea.....

It'll never happen.. buuuut I think this is just a ploy to hurt his draft stock and go to a good team like jalen did. (Not saying jalen controlled that narrative but it's a good precedent.)

He already came out with his "list" he's gotta hurt his draft stock enough to get out of the top 10, while continuing a high level of play. 

Gonna be super easy to root against this guy. When he's not a Packer.

Edited by HighCalebR

5 hours ago, Leader said:

This ^

Which is why somebody's gotta speak some sense into Josh Allen. He's working on shortening his career - or eventually limiting his effectiveness. 

Hopefully he bounces back but he’s going to have to dramatically change how he plays QB.

Edited by thrILL!

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Caleb Williams as the #1 pick always seemed insane to me. 

Potential stud QBs almost always get over drafted. Prime example is the Wentz/Goff year....both carried mid round grades but Phi and Rams gave up a ****-ton to draft them. Goff has been decent but not framchise-altering; Wentz appeared to have a higher ceiling but the wheels fell off.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Potential stud QBs almost always get over drafted. Prime example is the Wentz/Goff year....both carried mid round grades but Phi and Rams gave up a ****-ton to draft them. Goff has been decent but not framchise-altering; Wentz appeared to have a higher ceiling but the wheels fell off.

You'd need a ladder to get to the tier that Caleb Williams is in as a QB prospect vs Goff or Wentz. QBs get over-drafted, but Williams and Maye are legitimate franchise QB prospects.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Caleb Williams as the #1 pick always seemed insane to me. 

The makeup of that arm is the closest thing we've seen to Mahomes, the looseness and torque he can generate from any platform or angle is the genetic jackpot that we've only seen from Mahomes and Rodgers. What is insane about that? There's definitely some Favre habits in him where he's just going to throw it because he thinks his arm is better than any other player on the field, but 75% of the time he's right.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You'd need a ladder to get to the tier that Caleb Williams is in as a QB prospect vs Goff or Wentz. QBs get over-drafted, but Williams and Maye are legitimate franchise QB prospects.

I was with you until the Maye part.