NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 1/4/2021 at 12:18 PM, incognito_man said:

Dolphins get 3rd and 18th overall picks

Team to watch out for going forward. AFCE suddenly looks pretty good if NE can put things back together.

Not that Tua can't pan out, but MIA would really be sitting pretty right now had they taken Herbert.

Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light, expects you people to crush page 666 all to heck with depressing NFL News. Keep in mind, for those of you that seek out the positive, that our sun is steadily exhausting its supply of hydrogen, and it will consume our planet in its death throes--probably eight billion years too late to do anything about Skip Bayless.

1 minute ago, Uffdaswede said:

Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light, expects you people to crush page 666 all to heck with depressing NFL News. Keep in mind, for those of you that seek out the positive, that our sun is steadily exhausting its supply of hydrogen, and it will consume our planet in its death throes--probably eight billion years too late to do anything about Skip Bayless.

Knowing this, can we improvise and just shoot Bayless directly into the sun now?  Seems he’s so full of hot gasses, he might prolong our existence by a few days!  Worth a shot?

13 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

oh we have ourselves a "sciencer" here

the sun is just the back of the moon

prove me wrong

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 10:52 PM, beekay414 said:

You mean the Ernie Grunfeld that got that Bucks team to 3 playoff seasons in 4 years and one game from the NBA Finals?

In a weak Eastern Conference Pre-LeBron and I don't doubt they would've gone to the Finals and won that year(given that they swept their RS series with LAL), but David Stern wanted an Iverson-Kobe matchup. Then Grunfeld traded Ray Allen away for a washed-up Gary Payton and Desmond Mason who underwhelmed in the league. You look at that small stretch of time when the Bucks were actually good and have to write-it off as a fluke because they went back to being the horrible team they were in the 90's once Ray Allen was gone. One could even argue that Allen and Big Dog carried that team.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, beekay414 said:

I know. Just tired of seeing this dude slander the Bucks any chance he gets. Like, that comparison made no sense whatsoever lol. Ernie Grunfeld was successful as a GM for the Bucks. Such a stupid attempt at a hot take.

I'm bringin in @squire12 because they addressed me inadvertently. It's not slander if it's truth and I'm not bashing the franchise. Herb Kohl was a great Sen. and a crummy franchise owner. I just don't think they'll ever win anything meaningful. 

I get that it's your home team and all, but I grew up with some horrible Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars teams as a kid growing up on the TX-OK border and I know what kind of frustration that can bring; I've heard that from all the Phillies fans here in South Jersey. The thing is that when I visited relatives in Wisconsin during the Summers, it was like nobody cared about the Bucks at all. In fact, a lot of my cousins' friends didn't even cheer for the Milwaukee teams in the 90's. Even when Milwaukee got good those three or four seasons, nobody cared. I was a bit stunned.

I mean....I'm just sayin'....

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

oh we have ourselves a "sciencer" here

the sun is just the back of the moon

prove me wrong

I say we use Sasquatch's idea and launch Skip Bayless right past the moon and into the sun. We can modify a Toyota into an upscale luxury rocket ship with a 1980s haircut, and Skip will drive his Solar Lexus away from earth at FIB speed, record all lunar data, and then report back to us before the sun's radiation can ruin his polyester suit. He is welcome to drive back if he finds that, as you suggest, the sun is a mere social construct.

We can't say **** on this site so we'll just say that in terms of cosmically annoying candidates for incineration and solar exploration, Skip's the logical phallus, see?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

In a weak Eastern Conference Pre-LeBron and I don't doubt they would've gone to the Finals and won that year(given that they swept their RS series with LAL), but David Stern wanted an Iverson-Kobe matchup. Then Grunfeld traded Ray Allen away for a washed-up Gary Payton and Desmond Mason who underwhelmed in the league. You look at that small stretch of time when the Bucks were actually good and have to write-it off as a fluke because they went back to being the horrible team they were in the 90's once Ray Allen was gone. One could even argue that Allen and Big Dog carried that team.

I don't have to "write off" anything. The comment you made wasn't about the Bucks, it was about Ernie Grunfeld. In his 4 years here, Grunfeld was a highly successful NBA small market GM. 

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm bringin in @squire12 because they addressed me inadvertently. It's not slander if it's truth and I'm not bashing the franchise. Herb Kohl was a great Sen. and a crummy franchise owner. I just don't think they'll ever win anything meaningful. 

What truth? You rarely ever say anything of "truth" about the Bucks. I don't care about who your family/friends rooted for in the 90s.

But, it's whatever. You clearly don't have a clue IRT the Bucks and this is a NFL news thread so I'll move on.