NFL News & Notes

Leader

ESPN -  NFL Players Association president JC Tretter is calling for the elimination of offseason practices, including minicamp and organized team activities, citing the NFL's relative quality of play during the 2020 pandemic-influenced season.

"I believe the changes implemented this season have demonstrated that we can put an entertaining product out on the field while further reducing wear and tear on our players' bodies," the Cleveland Browns center wrote in a newsletter released Thursday. "There is no reason for us to ever return to the previous offseason program."

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

ESPN -  NFL Players Association president JC Tretter is calling for the elimination of offseason practices, including minicamp and organized team activities, citing the NFL's relative quality of play during the 2020 pandemic-influenced season.

"I believe the changes implemented this season have demonstrated that we can put an entertaining product out on the field while further reducing wear and tear on our players' bodies," the Cleveland Browns center wrote in a newsletter released Thursday. "There is no reason for us to ever return to the previous offseason program."

Add a couple real game to the schedule and maybe there is a deal to be made.   I do think there should be at least a two week training camp to help make sure people get into football shape.  Preseason games are a farce, so wouldn't mind never seeing them again. 

Ian Rapoport -   Dolphins coach Brian Flores has stuck with Tua Tagovailoa at every opportunity this season, and that becomes extra important this Sunday.

/////

Fitzpatrick tested positive for COVID19 and will not play Sunday. So - it's Tua or bust.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Says a Browns player.

Tretter: Are you not ENTERTAINED?

Dawg Pound: Wait...are you talking to the Jets fans?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. Hope they don't pull it off, but also wouldn't mind him leaving Seattle.

Remember when Ernie Grunfeld was the architect of all those great 90's Knicks teams? Then he went to Milwaukee, which at the time was the Detroit Lions of the NBA. Remember how that worked out?...yeah, me-sees a similar outcome if that were to happen. Plus, Seattle's drafting has been atrocious as of late...