NFL News & Notes

Leader

46 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I misread what you said. Maybe they wanted to document how ridiculous some fans are and the crap they have to deal with

Yeah good point lol. I'm sure that's what it is. He came off pretty kooky even though there's plenty of people that would agree with a lot of good points still, sadly. 

Edited by Norm

Mike Garafolo -  Eagles GM Howie Roseman on Carson Wentz: "When you have players like that, they're like fingers on your hand. You can't imagine that they're not part of you, that they're not here. That's how we feel about Carson."

• Andrew Brandt -    Translation: "The Cap consequences of moving him are dire."

////

I think if they could trade him straight up - they'd be fine going foward with Hurts. He may not be the most polished QB - but I dont see any major downsides to his game.

Edited by Leader

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

MM's response was perfect and really magnifies how spoiled Packers fans are.

I recall having a "conversation" with my uncle a couple years back where he said the OL sucks and we should get rid of all of them and start over. 

"Umm....Bakh is an All-Pro and I think they're ranked #2 in pass-blocking, something like #5 overall. About half the sacks are Rodgers' fault." 
"SO WHAT GET RID OF THEM ALL THEY'RE PAID TOO MUCH." 

....so yeah, Packer Nation represent. 

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Dolphins get 3rd and 18th overall picks

Team to watch out for going forward. AFCE suddenly looks pretty good if NE can put things back together.

Yeah, if Tua can develop, they are loaded and the conference could get strong in a hurry. 

I dislike the Jets ownership (really any ownership except in GB) and wouldn’t be surprised if they find a way to ruin a promising QB prospect but the other teams could be good next year. 

Any team in this league that re-signs a "star" running back or uses anything higher than about 50th overall on a running back deserves to lose a lot of football games.

The more this league adapts and changes, the more I'm starting to think a running back is falling into that premium position area. 

I'm not going to post the numbers here, but you go back to the early 80's and you had about 14 backs per season over 1,000 yards rushing...

But you had only 24, 26, 21, 18 (under a high of about 28) players with an average yard per rush above 4 yards.

2011 and suddenly you're at 37 players above 4 yards per attempt.

2020 and you're at 36 running backs above 4 yards per attempt.

If we re-sign Jones I will have zero faith in Aaron winning a third Super Bowl after this year and we might as well trade him. 

Man....hoping the GB players and staff just staying at home or going to the facility and nothing else. Getting brutal here with playoff teams losing guys to COVID. Bucs won't have Devin White for their game, the Saints fortunately should get Kamara back, and now the Browns getting hit hard and won't have their HC/play caller and 2 players(hopefully none of them are key guys)

22 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Man....hoping the GB players and staff just staying at home or going to the facility and nothing else. Getting brutal here with playoff teams losing guys to COVID. Bucs won't have Devin White for their game, the Saints fortunately should get Kamara back, and now the Browns getting hit hard and won't have their HC/play caller and 2 players(hopefully none of them are key guys)

Not too worried about the pack. Wildest group we gots probably.... DL? And they're just going out to McDons. Everybody else busy meditating or streaming lol.