NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Add extra regular season game and only make 1 playoff team get a BYE. NFL cares about player safety though!

NFL cares about player safety.....it is just much farther down the priority list vs $$$$$$

NFL......

cameron crowe GIF

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It also unbalances the schedule.  If we are fighting for seeding against SF, we face the defending AFC champs, while they get the Bengals.  Or the Vikings get the Chargers.  And on the other hand, the Chiefs have to play us while the Bills get the Redskins.

Agreed.

Within a division,  14 games are common opponents.  So 17th game adds 1 more and even more skewed in the conference mix of similar games.

48 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It also unbalances the schedule.  If we are fighting for seeding against SF, we face the defending AFC champs, while they get the Bengals.  Or the Vikings get the Chargers.  And on the other hand, the Chiefs have to play us while the Bills get the Redskins.

If anything it should be incentivized the other way. Finish No. 1 in the AFC? K, you get to play the team who finshed No. 16 in the NFC etc. But that probably wouldn't be as good for TV ratings which is what this is all about.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

KC vs Green Bay is a LOT more appealing than KC vs.Atlanta.  Plus, there's also the "parity" argument here.

Albert Breer -   The Patriots called the 49ers on Garoppolo earlier in the offseason (FYI, NE hasn't doubled back since the trade). Underrated factor: Niners have the 4th MOST cap space in the NFL.  They can easily afford Jimmy.

///

Dont know the lineup of players they've got to pay (or when)...but if they dont overspend, the Niners are gonna be players for quite awhile.

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

SI has an article about the Deshaun Watson matter.  Suffice to say, the shake down scheme angle is looking less and less likely.

We're not really supposed to discuss this stuff too much but that would be one hell of a conspiracy against him IMO. Could be some BS but can't be nothing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

We're not really supposed to discuss this stuff too much but that would be one hell of a conspiracy against him IMO. Could be some BS but can't be nothing.

? We can discuss the topic - which is certainly football related - w/o discussing the salacious details. 
Agree - the number of complainants keeps growing and the accusations are meshing. I'm not sure what the laws are or even what he's being charged with in the civil suit (or is it suits?) - but it certainly seems something was going on. 

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

? We can discuss the topic - which is certainly football related - w/o discussing the salacious details. 
Agree - the number of complainants keeps growing and the accusations are meshing. I'm not sure what the laws are or even what he's being charged with in the civil suit (or is it suits?) - but it certainly seems something was going on. 

I think so. I think both of us are fine lol, it's just who else might jump in with more "political views" on it. 

Def seems he's ****ed in terms of playing this year. I'd be shocked if he played this year tbh. This isn't going to end soon. I believe they are all sep suits but I have not followed it close either. Does not sound good as far as immediate NFL future. Sort of glad nobody traded for him getting trapped with that

Edited by Norm

51 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think so. I think both of us are fine lol, it's just who else might jump in with more "political views" on it. 

Def seems he's ****ed in terms of playing this year. I'd be shocked if he played this year tbh. This isn't going to end soon. I believe they are all sep suits but I have not followed it close either. Does not sound good as far as immediate NFL future. Sort of glad nobody traded for him getting trapped with that

I kind of wish someone had traded for him.  Imagine the huge amount of drama it would create.  

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I kind of wish someone had traded for him.  Imagine the huge amount of drama it would create.  

Could it be voided? I don't know how that works. Imagine how dirty that would look if you knew and did that ****.....

At least if he was still in college he could just transfer down to Jackson State, I'd laugh here but it's true

Just now, Norm said:

Could it be voided? I don't know how that works. Imagine how dirty that would look if you knew and did that ****.....

At least if he was still in college he could just transfer down to Jackson State, I'd laugh here but it's true

Jackson State? Florida State would just swoop on in, it isn't even a crime in Tallahassee.