NFL News & Notes

Leader

How sweet. Bruce Arians said if the Bucs won the SB he'd get a tattoo....and he did:

Bruce Arians -  I’m a man of my word- “when we win the Super Bowl, I will get a tattoo” well I got mine and I love it!!

Not to be outdone, Brady went and got a tattoo.........of Arians:

Tom Brady -   Looks great coach...I decided to get one too.

I wonder if Brady has a tat of BB.

Adam Schefter -   Seattle Seahawks are giving WR Tyler Lockett a four-year, $69.2 million contract extension, including $37M guaranteed.

• Tom Silverstein -   I don't think this affects WR Davante Adams much. He's going to get at least $20M a year and the Packers generally use big signing bonuses so his deal will feature a lot of fully guaranteed money (not just guaranteed based on certain conditions).

Adam Jahns -  Bears GM Ryan Pace described Andy Dalton as "one of the more complete quarterbacks" that the team evaluated this year in free agency.

• Andy Herman -   Chicago Ownership: Hey Ryan, after that whole issue with trading up for Trubisky when Mahomes & Watson were on the board, & the signing of Mike Glennon & the trade for Nick Foles we have some concerns about your QB evals. We really need you to be extra sure next time.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Adam Jahns -  Bears GM Ryan Pace described Andy Dalton as "one of the more complete quarterbacks" that the team evaluated this year in free agency.

• Andy Herman -   Chicago Ownership: Hey Ryan, after that whole issue with trading up for Trubisky when Mahomes & Watson were on the board, & the signing of Mike Glennon & the trade for Nick Foles we have some concerns about your QB evals. We really need you to be extra sure next time.

I gotta be honest, I do love how bad Chicago has been at evaluating QBs, but I think Pace's comments on Dalton are plenty fair.  Complete doesn't necessarily mean good and Dalton's a pretty good example of that; he can do it all, he just doesn't do any of it at a high level.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Wow, jets must have really wanted to ship darnold, that’s super cheap .  Panthers smart to kick the tires at that price 

Dunno about super cheap.  Thought the deal was very fair for both sides.  These reclamation projects often don't work out.  Honestly for that price I probably would have taken a pass.  We'll see he certainly has the tools.  Thought Josh Rosen would have been worth gambling on.  Hasn't done squat.  Think he was on SF practice squad last I heard. Starting rookie QB's is a mistake.  Ruins their confidence making them play before they are ready.  JMO.  Why I like the way the Packers do things.  Draft and develop before throwing them into the fire.  Love may bust but he's getting his best chance to succeed with the Packers.