NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  DK Metcalf is incredibly fast. He ran a 10.37 100M at the USATF Golden Games today. New Packers CB Eric Stokes Jr ran 10.39 ... as a senior in high school.

We just need Stokes to translate that speed on the field. 

Ian Rapoport -   There’s been discussion about the benefits of drafting a WR in the first round. How much does it help? A look at the past 10 years of drafting WRs in rounds 1-3 shows teams are more likely to have a Pro Bowl WR from a second-rounder vs a first-rounder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   There’s been discussion about the benefits of drafting a WR in the first round. How much does it help? A look at the past 10 years of drafting WRs in rounds 1-3 shows teams are more likely to have a Pro Bowl WR from a second-rounder vs a first-rounder.

I would expect the talking heads at ESPN, NFL Channel, and whoever else to gloss these facts  They have been pushing that stupid 'Packers need a 1st round Wide Receiver' narrative for a couple years now.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I would expect the talking heads at ESPN, NFL Channel, and whoever else to gloss these facts  They have been pushing that stupid 'Packers need a 1st round Wide Receiver' narrative for a couple years now.

Gute might know what he's doing.

The Vikings announced that if Justin Fields had dropped to them at 14, they'd have drafted him.

I wonder if they told Cousin's in advance?

Whats the benefit of making that known publicly after the draft? Incentivizing Cousins to play better? I think Kirk should threaten to hold out till he gets better contract...using the player thats not on the roster as leverage :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Thesis: teams that draft a Wr high in the 1st "to take them over the top" never actually get over the top 

Proof: dunno don't feel like doing research. Jones and Ridley in Atl, Dallas post-Irvin, Javon Walker, any highly drafted Minny WR

8 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Thesis: teams that draft a Wr high in the 1st "to take them over the top" never actually get over the top 

Proof: dunno don't feel like doing research. Jones and Ridley in Atl, Dallas post-Irvin, Javon Walker, any highly drafted Minny WR

******* Walker.... I still REMEMBER THAT ****

21 hours ago, Leader said:

The Vikings announced that if Justin Fields had dropped to them at 14, they'd have drafted him.

I wonder if they told Cousin's in advance?

Whats the benefit of making that known publicly after the draft? Incentivizing Cousins to play better? I think Kirk should threaten to hold out till he gets better contract...using the player thats not on the roster as leverage :)

Sometimes I think teams say this stuff to placate their fans a little. "Don't worry, we're thinking about QB life after Cousins" type of thing