NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  The Ravens and 49ers are basically co-favorites to land Julio Jones per Betonline.

The Niners are a tough team for me to figure out. How much of Trey Lance’s timeline fits with Julio’s? And if you try to go all-in this year with Jimmy, are you handcuffing Trey later?

///

Go to the AFC Julio......

So he'll be another talented WR that Baltimore doesn't use?

Ian Rapoport -  Clarity on the situation between the #Falcons and WR Julio Jones: The All-Pro requested a trade from the organization a few months ago, sources say, and the team then agreed to listen to offers. That’s how it began and why it continues.

NFL Update -  This is huge: Shannon Sharpe called Julio Jones live on Undisputed: Julio said he's "out of there" when asked if he wants to stay in Atlanta. He also said he doesn't want to go to the Cowboys. "I want to win." Holy cow. I don't think he knew he was live.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Clarity on the situation between the #Falcons and WR Julio Jones: The All-Pro requested a trade from the organization a few months ago, sources say, and the team then agreed to listen to offers. That’s how it began and why it continues.

NFL Update -  This is huge: Shannon Sharpe called Julio Jones live on Undisputed: Julio said he's "out of there" when asked if he wants to stay in Atlanta. He also said he doesn't want to go to the Cowboys. "I want to win." Holy cow. I don't think he knew he was live.

I think it's hilarious what he said about Dallas whether he knew he was live or not lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think it's hilarious what he said about Dallas whether he knew he was live or not lol

Cant say what he was thinking....but a consideration might be he doesnt want to go from being the Big Fish in a small pond to just one of the guys. His numbers would/could suffer.

NY Post headline -  Julio Jones has Patriots, Titans ‘very much on his radar’

Anybody know what Jones is disgruntled about? The article doesnt say.

Does ATL also lack people skills (?) or does he just want more cash?

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

I  think it's mutual.  Atlanta needs to move him because of salary cap issues and he wants to play for a contender.  If it's about money, then IMO it's him not wanting to take a pay cut.  

17 minutes ago, SSG said:

I  think it's mutual.  Atlanta needs to move him because of salary cap issues and he wants to play for a contender.  If it's about money, then IMO it's him not wanting to take a pay cut.  

Or maybe it has something to do with Calvin Ridley  who was able to stay on the field and led the team in every  receiving category - and now Pitts is gonna be getting a fair amount of attention.

Dont know....but if Julio wants to help ATL win maybe his staying healthy would be a good start.

The GBPs better hope the NFL doesnt go the way of the NBA - cause GB isnt gonna be at the top of anybodies "Lets go build a superteam there" list.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Patriots and Titans?  I thought he said he wanted to win?

ESPN -  The Deshaun Watson case has entered into discovery, which could play out well into the 2021 regular season, with depositions set to begin in September.

The 22 women who are suing the Houston Texans quarterback for alleged sexual assault would be deposed before Watson, who's not scheduled until early 2022, Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, said Tuesday.

According to the docket for the case, Watson can't be deposed before Feb. 22, 2022.

///

Thats a long way off. Wonder how the league will handle this.

Albert Breer -   Just looked this up for tomorrow's column and it's kinda crazy ...

1) The NFL's rookie record for receiving yards by a tight end is held by ... Mike Ditka. He had 1,076 in 1961.
2) Ditka remains the only tight end ever to even get to 900 yards as a rookie.

///

Paging Kyle Pitts...

23 hours ago, Leader said:

Mike Garafolo -   The Cowboys have hired former Giants head coach Ben McAdoo as a consultant, sources say. Once a Packers QB coach under Mike McCarthy, now back with him in Dallas.

I think his analytics machine is broken...

On 5/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, Leader said:

Mike Garafolo -   The Cowboys have hired former Giants head coach Ben McAdoo as a consultant, sources say. Once a Packers QB coach under Mike McCarthy, now back with him in Dallas.

I would've chortled if he hired Dom as his DC again...