NFL News & Notes

Leader

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

None of this is true. This is a great example of my point. For some reason, you believe the CDC removed this from their website. Instead of actually looking yourself, you believed something you read somewhere. And it is 100% false.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

Literal big bold letters "Vaccines do not cause autism" followed by more big bold letters "Vaccine ingredients do not cause autism"

And it's right there, on the exact page you claimed it was removed from.

You are correct I was wrong about the CDC removing this! 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

None of this is true. This is a great example of my point. For some reason, you believe the CDC removed this from their website. Instead of actually looking yourself, you believed something you read somewhere. And it is 100% false.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

Literal big bold letters "Vaccines do not cause autism" followed by more big bold letters "Vaccine ingredients do not cause autism"

And it's right there, on the exact page you claimed it was removed from.

Yeah but Facebook said!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah but Facebook said!! 

My mom's like the typical Facebook old person who literally believes everything that shows up in her feed lol. I haven't had Facebook for years but she keeps texting insane stories I can't even see or open. It's hilarious

8 minutes ago, Kepler said:

My mom's like the typical Facebook old person who literally believes everything that shows up in her feed lol. I haven't had Facebook for years but she keeps texting insane stories I can't even see or open. It's hilarious

I feel bad in some regards because they just don't get they can be lied to online

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I feel bad in some regards because they just don't get they can be lied to online

Why do you think people believe everything they read online? The internet is the most outlandish place in the world lol, just go on Reddit for 10 minutes. 

I know there’s a war against expertise, science and institutions, but why listen to any jackoff on the internet?

I kinda feel bad, but their voices are often the loudest so I stop feeling bad.

26 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do you think people believe everything they read online? The internet is the most outlandish place in the world lol, just go on Reddit for 10 minutes. 

I know there’s a war against expertise, science and institutions, but why listen to any jackoff on the internet?

I kinda feel bad, but their voices are often the loudest so I stop feeling bad.

They're old. They grew up with Walter Cronkite. They just don't know. Trust me..I could tell you a million that start with a tiny nugget of truth but the internet added a million things but that's all true to them now

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

There are people suffering from side affects to some of these vaccinations or do you not believe that? We don't know if those side affects will be short or long-term. So any expert telling you there are no risks is lying.

You posted some Tucker Carlson blather off a blog that took it as gospel, and even THOSE skewed numbers indicated that having the shot is 50x safer than having COVID. 

The anti-vax crowd's OWN RESEARCH shows that the vaccine is FAR safer than being unvaccinated. It's pretty rough when one's own cherry-picked facts undercut the argument. 

9 hours ago, Norm said:

They're old. They grew up with Walter Cronkite. They just don't know. Trust me..I could tell you a million that start with a tiny nugget of truth but the internet added a million things but that's all true to them now

I do think age is the primary variable. People of all ages are buying into conspiracies these days. I would say lack of independent and critical thinking would be prevalent in these people 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

You posted some Tucker Carlson blather off a blog that took it as gospel, and even THOSE skewed numbers indicated that having the shot is 50x safer than having COVID. 

The anti-vax crowd's OWN RESEARCH shows that the vaccine is FAR safer than being unvaccinated. It's pretty rough when one's own cherry-picked facts undercut the argument. 

Show me where I ever stated the vaccine wasn't safer than not getting it. I'll wait! 

Also, don't ever tell me who I quoted unless I actually directly quote somebody. You have no clue of what you speak. A person would have to be a fool if they don't realize there are actual side effects to these vaccines.  There are and they are real, and no they do not effect the overwhelming majority of those getting the vaccine. 

3 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Was thinking about this.....

Health professionals are saying to get the vaccination.

The same people who treat people for illness and specifically COVID.

If you don't take the vaccination, maybe stop seeing doctors and other health professionals.  Maybe switch over to crystals or other holistic healers.

If the anti-vaxxers (for lack of a better word) do this, it takes claims out of the health care system.  Which lowers insurance rates.  And increases the need for holistic healers, creating another business model for the economy.  

Win-win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

A person would have to be a fool if they don't realize there are actual side effects to these vaccines.  There are and they are real, and no they do not effect the overwhelming majority of those getting the vaccine. 

Not being argumentative here.  I know that some people do get side effects.

For me, I felt good about the shot because the shot is basically mRNA.  It is been around for a long time (decades), and studied.  It is not an unknown thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Was thinking about this.....

Health professionals are saying to get the vaccination.

The same people who treat people for illness and specifically COVID.

If you don't take the vaccination, maybe stop seeing doctors and other health professionals.  Maybe switch over to crystals or other holistic healers.

If the anti-vaxxers (for lack of a better word) do this, it takes claims out of the health care system.  Which lowers insurance rates.  And increases the need for holistic healers, creating another business model for the economy.  

Win-win.

I don't necessarily throw the term "anti-vaxxers" on (some of) those who are hesitant on getting the COVID vaccine. There is a difference to me in being hesitant over this one vs ones we have had for a long time. I get it. With the US specifically the way it is with the level of distrust in government, big pharma, access to twitter and social media platforms with uneducated opinions having no limitations to spread. It's funny that you see one of the big comebacks to not getting vaccinated is "well if you got yours you will be fine, so whats the issue?" just shows such a hilarious level of ignorance to how vaccines and virus' work.

That being said I got vaccinated immediately and would hope everyone does as well. 

As long as those holding off still follow social distance and mask guidelines.. though we know they aren't, and that's the issue. Those that post "it's over, live your life" are nothing but fools. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Show me where I ever stated the vaccine wasn't safer than not getting it. I'll wait! 

Also, don't ever tell me who I quoted unless I actually directly quote somebody. You have no clue of what you speak. A person would have to be a fool if they don't realize there are actual side effects to these vaccines.  There are and they are real, and no they do not effect the overwhelming majority of those getting the vaccine. 

Yes there are side effects however serious side effects affect the overwhelming minority. As of July 16th, Canada has reported 10,167 adverse events, of which 2,441 are considered serious. That is off of a total of 44.7 million doses, a rate of 0.005%. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Yes there are side effects however serious side effects affect the overwhelming minority. As of July 16th, Canada has reported 10,167 adverse events, of which 2,441 are considered serious. That is off of a total of 44.7 million doses, a rate of 0.005%. 

I don't dispute those things. We are still in the infancy of these vaccines as well. BTW, the percentage of side effects is pretty close to the death rate of COVID.