NFL News & Notes

Leader

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Like I said, they had to walk it back when they! 

Let me ask you a simple question about masks. We breath in oxygen and what do we breath out? 

Or. OR - maybe they didn't want a garbage "study" that endangers the public health attributed to their university. But no, it's obviously because they simply are bowing to public pressure. And not at all because this person worked for Stanford once and misrepresents their affiliation as greater than it was.

As to your question - you do realize that the way oxygen flows through a mask is COMPLETELY different than how the COVID virus is transmitted, right?

But since we're citing university studies, here is an actual one:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/a-microscopic-look-at-how-masks-work/

Also a little something officially from Stanford:

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/06/stanford-scientists-contribute-to-who-mask-guidelines.html

19 minutes ago, Striker said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/04/24/fact-check-study-falsely-claiming-masks-harmful-isnt-stanfords/7353629002/

Wow. That took me three seconds to look up in Google. And 2 of those seconds were because I had to wait for the page to load.

i literally laughed out loud at this.

Here, we have people thinking a Stanford study concluded this. @Old Guy honestly believes this.

Instead, we have a friggin CLINICAL EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST writing in a NON-PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL CALLED "MEDICAL HYPOTHESES".

Ugh, I hate life. I want to dedicate my life to improving critical thinking skills in Americans. It seems futile, but absolutely necessary for humanity.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah but Facebook said!!!! 

Every time. Every time that's where this stuff comes from.

Facebook, not even once.

It's hard to even blame some of them because it's all that's on there anymore

Unfortunately it's not just Facebook. When looking up that nonsense article, I saw that it started flying through Twitter as well through the normal anti-vaccine/mask grifters. Which likely means it also leaked through to Instagram, etc etc.

And then folks, who think they know how to research, cling to it like they do every other asinine conspiracy or misleading/outright lie out there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i literally laughed out loud at this.

Here, we have people thinking a Stanford study concluded this. @Old Guy honestly believes this.

Instead, we have a friggin CLINICAL EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST writing in a NON-PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL CALLED "MEDICAL HYPOTHESES".

Ugh, I hate life. I want to dedicate my life to improving critical thinking skills in Americans. It seems futile, but absolutely necessary for humanity.

I constantly wonder how we can reverse the damage done to folks when it comes to critical thinking and reading comprehension. 

Not sure about you, but it's a pretty bad spiral for me from there because the conclusion is never good considering the endless existential crises we're facing that folks just want to deny are happening or are calling overblown despite them LITERALLY happening right now (and are scientifically proven for the crises that go beyond "simply" societal). 

It's also sad, because most of those who love to call others sheep are the actual ones going off of cliffs for some of the most disingenuous folks and/or blatantly obvious grifters that I've ever seen.

Dunning-Kruger is real.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Striker said:

I constantly wonder how we can reverse the damage done to folks when it comes to critical thinking and reading comprehension. 

Not sure about you, but it's a pretty bad spiral for me from there because the conclusion is never good considering the endless existential crises we're facing that folks just want to deny are happening or are calling overblown despite them LITERALLY happening right now (and are scientifically proven for the crises that go beyond "simply" societal). 

It's also sad, because most of those who love to call others sheep are the actual ones going off of cliffs for some of the most disingenuous folks and/or blatantly obvious grifters that I've ever seen.

Dunning-Kruger is real.

It's literally impressive how easily all this kinds of stuff has worked. 

Just now, Norm said:

I try my best to tell myself this isn't true because it scares the pants off me

Texts will be written about this. Honestly will probably be classified as a "war" to the next generation.

Like a "Misinformation War".

I'm 100% serious. Their actions and the results are quite literally warfare. It's a dangerous kind, too, because half of one side doesn't even realize they're under attack.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 6:00 PM, R T said:

I have no **** in this fight, just adding Andrew Brandt's comment on the firing. 

"There will be lawyers.."

After learning that they would still need to pay him, the Vikings have reach an agreement to keep Rich Dennison on the coaching staff even though he remains unvaccinated. Dennison 'will not work hands on with the players', but will continue to work under whatever protocols apply to his vaccinated status. Is this a precedent for future cases?  

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's literally impressive how easily all this kinds of stuff has worked. 

Sometimes I think it must be nice to have no morals because you could set yourself up for life by grifting to those who buy into all this conspiracy and lie-fueled garbage.

54 minutes ago, Norm said:

I thought there was a giant magical wall though

"In the meantime politics is allowing millions of illegals to stream across the southern border without one of them being tested."

Was the full sentence, yours was incomplete like the wall.  You can thank bad politics for that wall or no wall.  

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

"In the meantime politics is allowing millions of illegals to stream across the southern border without one of them being tested."

Was the full sentence, yours was incomplete like the wall.  You can thank bad politics for that wall or no wall.  

What the hell are they supposed to do. It's ILLEGAL immigration ffs.

Meanwhile, escaped prisoners are not getting tested!!

Such a weird leap to take from what we were talking about to immigration....

Pretty sure millions is an exaggeration but how would we count them, just like we can't stop them to test them.

PoLiTiCs though. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2